Weight loss

Options
What do you do for water retention in this heat?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,656 Member
    Options
    Retain it, and not worry about it, because it's 100% not fat, and it will leave eventually. ;)

Absent serious health conditions, I figure my body knows what it needs to do in a lot of cases, and if it thinks it needs to retain some water to handle hot weather, or repair muscles, or metabolize carbs, or balance electrolytes, or any of the other dozens of reasons healthy bodies retain water** . . . I let it.

I do make it a point to hydrate adequately through the day, but that's just a general good thing, not anything special to game water weight.

** https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations
  • vedrankatal4166
    vedrankatal4166 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If u think ur body is retaining too much water because u are drinking a lot, maybe the problem is that u re consuming too much salt/sodium. Water retention can also be good as ur body needs to stay hydrated. If you are losing weight, the fat cells that are “melting” can retain water to fill up the missing space of the fat u lost but this will all eventually go away if u stay on track and keep exercising as the fat cells need some time to shrink.