Sweaty Clothes, Where Do They Go?

jamesdelong
jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
Just curious... I wanted to know do you throw your wet, stanky clothes in the hamper, hang them in the shower or throw them in the washer, or other when you finish working out?

I actually have two hampers in my closest one for workout attire (I sweat like no ones business) and another for just worn clothes.
I used to hang them in the shower overnight and then throw them in my hamper in the morning but I just hate seeing clothes in my bathroom like that and I never know when a guest may stop by.

Replies

• SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    I have a separate hamper (ok basket) for my workout clothes. Dh washes them (he does all the laundry) about 2x a week. :)
  • I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes?? My husband likes to put them in the hamper, but i've fouind when i go to do laundry, i'll grab them and they'll still be damp. EEWWWWW!! It's totally disgusting to pull out his still sweaty clothes, lmao.
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes?? My husband likes to put them in the hamper, but i've fouind when i go to do laundry, i'll grab them and they'll still be damp. EEWWWWW!! It's totally disgusting to pull out his still sweaty clothes, lmao.

HAHA "EWWWWWWW" - I know that feeling. I missed doing laundry one week and pulled out some old shorts.. Naw, Jack! I put them bad boys back in the hamper and hit Walmart on my way to the gym and bought a pair.

(I may have said 2 hampers but it's only 1 hamper and like 4 baskets. I got a whole closet full of nothing to wear)
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    They hang on the doorknob until dry, or straight into the washer.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    with two little girls at home, there is always laundry on the go, so I wash mine usually right away.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,900 Member
    Just curious... I wanted to know do you throw your wet, stanky clothes in the hamper, hang them in the shower or throw them in the washer, or other when you finish working out?

I actually have two hampers in my closest one for workout attire (I sweat like no ones business) and another for just worn clothes.
    I used to hang them in the shower overnight and then throw them in my hamper in the morning but I just hate seeing clothes in my bathroom like that and I never know when a guest may stop by.
    An "open air" basket (lots of holes in it) so they can air out.
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes?? My husband likes to put them in the hamper, but i've fouind when i go to do laundry, i'll grab them and they'll still be damp. EEWWWWW!! It's totally disgusting to pull out his still sweaty clothes, lmao.
    Do you do a re-wear because they are already walking on their own?
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    I have several hangers in the laundry room, I put them on the hanger, when they are dry, they go in the laundry and in the meanwhile they don't look all icky hanging willy nilly all over the place.

~ Sonia
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member

i do the same thing. and i totally feel ya on your husband!! when i do the laundry i wanna vomit. lol.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member

Same here!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Top of the washer
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    with two little girls at home, there is always laundry on the go, so I wash mine usually right away.
    same here but I'm single no kids, I just wear and right into the wash they go. I like to shower and wear clean clothes before workout and then after.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    I try to lay my clothes out to dry before attempting to place them into the hamper. Considering I only have one good sports bra I'm forced to use it twice before washing it. My boyfriend on the other hand feels the need to throw his sweaty clothes in a pile on the floor of the bedroom :-/ ugh. He doesn't seem to understand the logic of if you keep wet clothes crumpled on the floor they won't dry out!
  • scott1024
    scott1024 Posts: 279 Member
    Outside on the clothes line...and they're there and ready for the next day!! In my office I hang a soaking t-shirt on my coat rack.

Seriously, with as much water as I'm drinking I sweat like crazy but it doesn't seem to be that raunchy sweat.
  • I leave them hanging over the shower then toss them in the hamper with the rest of the clothes. I treated myself to 5 sets of work out clothes. I refuses to rewear anything without re-washing. I sweat too much and sadly my sweat does not smell like roses. If someone makes a surprise drop in visit then they will get to share in the joy (and after joy) of my exercise program. I'm not a huge fan of surprise visitors so one visit should be enough to scare them off.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member

Yup.. same here!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes??

I am glad I'm not the only person re-wearing their workout gear! LOL I know some people have a fresh, cute, new workout outfit every day, but I workout in my basement or go hiking in the woods. No one cares how I look! The less laundry the happier I am (and it's better for the environment to do less laundry, too.) :-)
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    <
    is obviously not sweating enough!
  • I strip down in the laundry room and they go right into the machine soaking with sweat. Right now I only have 3 sets of workout cloths so every three days I run the machine. If they sit around much longer then that they start to stink.
  • I hang mine because i rewear them because, hell i'm just gonna get sweaty and dirty so why dirty new clothes?? My husband likes to put them in the hamper, but i've fouind when i go to do laundry, i'll grab them and they'll still be damp. EEWWWWW!! It's totally disgusting to pull out his still sweaty clothes, lmao.
    Do you do a re-wear because they are already walking on their own?

I actually don't sweat that much. Plus i'm cheap and frugal and don't like to waste water and electricity on clothes that are just gonna get sweaty again. if they don't smell and after they're dry they ain't stiff, then they're good to rewear.