40 Somethings

Replies

• Well today I turn 45, it was also the day I had my 1st mini goal set for. I don't think I made it, but I should be close. My scale is having some issues I think. I've been up and down and up and down 6 lbs the last 2 mornings, that's a little drastic. It even told my 15 yr old he lost 5 lbs in 2 days. So for my birthday I am going to go buy a new scale, and will record weight 1 st thing tomorrow morning... 6lbs in 3 days would be awesome tho lol
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Just turned 45 and I have to say - hormones are changing the rules on me for weight maintenance - gained 15 over the past year or so without really realizing or paying attention. Setting my goal this year to be back where I was and get out of the overweight BMI category. But I can't go as "hard" as I used to with exercise, need to focus more on eating clean.
  • Rhiwills76
    Rhiwills76 Posts: 32 Member
    Hi I'm going to be 44 this summer I have 2 girls 14 and 7,single.
    I have a lot of weight to lose and it's only going to get harder the older I get.I'm on antidepressants that really don't help with the weight but they keep me alive so can't be without them.
    Hoping to finally get to a healthy weight but most importantly maintaining once there as this is something I've never been able to do.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    43-year old here. Starting over again as of today. I'm already almost 1000 calories over what I should be so that right there tells me that I NEED this app.
    I used MFP before and got to my goal weight but then got lazy and stopped logging my food. Then I stopped working out and slowly the pounds crept back on and here I am at almost 20 pounds heavier than I was when I first started all those years ago... :/

Looking for friends to help motivate me so feel free to add me so we can help each other.
  • crazygonegibby1
    crazygonegibby1 Posts: 83 Member
    Request sent :-)
  • eater_78
    eater_78 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 42 later this year. It's my second time here. I successfully lost excess weight with mfp over 5 years ago but somehow managed to gain a few kg back last year. Now with 12kg to lose I re-registered and started over a week ago :)
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    I'm turning 40 in July. Five years ago I lost 90 lbs, but between the election, my husband losing is job twice, and my mom dying of cancer I gained 50 lbs back. I'm back on the wagon now.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    I just turned 44 and made it my goal to finally stick to this plan and hit my weight loss goal by my 45th birthday. Current weight: 193, goal weight: 140 or a size 8 (whatever weight that ends up being) :smile: Feel free to add me!
  • gmarrier
    gmarrier Posts: 27 Member
    Ok... I am the moldy oldy here... my 40's are in my rearview mirror, but the things that many of you are saying still resonate with me. I have always been overweight and after my 2 kids I never managed to get back to my starting weight. My kids are 30 and 19 and still live at home. My oldest is autistic and needs the support at home. I work full time in a job that requires me to be seated for the majority of the day (driving instructor), which hasn't helped my cause. Although I know that I need to get out and exercise, I seem to lack the motivation to do it, because realistically I know I have the time. I have been MFPer for a few years now, but tend to fall off the wagon over time. Looking for some good people that will help me to stay motivated. I am down 14lbs so far but have about 80 more to go. Feel free to add me and good luck on your journeys.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    I am 46 now and just restarting my journey. I had restarted in November, but things fell off the rail a bit in Feb/Mar as I am sure you can all relate! Eating better, getting back to the gym and I recently bought a new spin bike (Peloton) and I love it.... I try to do a ride everyday, even if it is just 15 minutes of moving my legs. Anyone add me for more support! :)
  • emaliemayo
    emaliemayo Posts: 6 Member
    Hi - I will be 46 in November (yikes) and I'm starting over again on MFP after gaining from emotional eating and little movement during the pandemic. I'm feeling the effects in my joints, knees, clothes, mood... so I'm back. I'd love accountability buddies so feel free to add me!
  • tamlinchamberlain
    tamlinchamberlain Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I’m new here. I will be 40 in November and would like to lose 40 lbs. I’m very intimidated by counting macros- but I know after some time I will get better at it. I have two children, 6 and 4, married 8 years.
  • XtraSpicyQuesadilla
    XtraSpicyQuesadilla Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2020
    Turning 40 in March. I'm definitely a stress eater, and stress has been my middle name in the past decade. Around this time in 2010, I was reaching my goal weight, having lost 60 pounds. In November of 2019, I realized I had not only gained the 60 back, but added on another 80 on top of that. Yep, I packed on 140 pounds in just under 10 years! I'm sloooooooooowly taking it off. It took me almost 10 years to put on, it's not going to disappear overnight. Happy for the mutual support if you (or anyone else in this thread!) want to add me!
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Hi! I’m turning 40 in November and have a goal to lose 10 pounds by then. I’d love some friends to help motivate me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!