Insecurities during weight loss journey

Options
PopRox90
PopRox90 Posts: 6,979 Member
REAL TALK: Has anyone else been developing new insecurities while losing weight? while I have built a lot more confidence in myself, im noticing insecurities come out that I didn't really deal with before. ;( like boobs droop more and some skin not being as tight in places. while I know that these are effects from weight loss(and also having a child), im wondering how you guys deal with these issues moving forward as you continue to lose because I imagine they only get worse. UGH!! my weight held me back from doing alot of things in my life and I dont want these insecurities to replace that now and continue to hold me back. am I alone in this? how do you continue to have confidence with insecurities like this? <333333333 love u guys

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I think it's human nature to always have insecurities. We aren't wired to be perfect so why should we feel like we need to be? I struggle with my insecurities on a daily basis. Some days is slightly low enough to brush off and still continue my day feeling positive and somedays I feel all the flaws heavy on my shoulders and I spend my day feeling sorry for myself. It really all comes down to whether you're going to allow those insecurities ruin your day or not. I prefer not and I just focus on one thing that will keep me positive during the day. I've noticed on days when I workout those are the days that I feel more confident. Perhaps is the fact that that's another workout that's getting me closer to my goal and I kinda feed off of that thought. You're beautiful & dedicated and I hope you can find a way to also brush those insecurities aside because no one deserves to feel that way.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    During? No! After, YES! Several insecurities.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have always had insecurities all my life to be honest right when I could not take off my shirt ever due to the way my body was...or still is. There is no way I have overcome it even untill now completely. The only thing that has helped me is knowing that there is never going to be a day that I may be able to call my body perfect but at the same time never giving up on myself irrespective of the failures.

Weight training has tremendously helped me, along with mediation , with the mental part.

But the struggle is real but at same time don't give up on believing in yourself ever that I can be where I want to be someday , keeps me going

Stay Strong 💪 and we love you too
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    My fitness journey took a left at Albuquerque.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I get remarks for being a skinny dude...”eat a sandwich”...it just gets a bit old...and people say it looks unhealthy. I have no desire to gain mass, it never appealed to me for some reason. I get some mild anxiety when my weight goes below 60kg and above 65...I 🤷‍♂️

tevklddbd8hc.jpeg

• will_it_go_round_in_circles
    Options
    As long as it isn't overwhelming, a touch of insecurity is OK in my book. Keeps you humble and grounded and is a goal generator. Keeping it in balance is key.

For coping, just keep posting selfies here, we won't let you down. <3
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    When I start thinking negatively about something on my body I immediately make myself focus on what I do like about it....arms aren’t as toned as I’d like them to be, but my stomach looks awesome.
  • PopRox90
    Options
    I get remarks for being a skinny dude...”eat a sandwich”...it just gets a bit old...and people say it looks unhealthy. I have no desire to gain mass, it never appealed to me for some reason. I get some mild anxiety when my weight goes below 60kg and above 65...I 🤷‍♂️

tevklddbd8hc.jpeg

I can understand why this would give you anxiety. I think you look great. and its what you like!! its hard to put on weight for some too I know. people need to mind their own business too
  • PopRox90
    Options
    As long as it isn't overwhelming, a touch of insecurity is OK in my book. Keeps you humble and grounded and is a goal generator. Keeping it in balance is key.

For coping, just keep posting selfies here, we won't let you down. <3

George!!!!!!!! oh how iv missed ur face so much! I hope your doing well my friend. and yes I totally agree. insecurities can get the best of us and I deal with that. what I am trying to change. but! perfection is impossible and somewhat boring. insecurities usually have a story behind them that makes someone unique. I just need to look at mine like that hah. I just never thought I would have worse ones after all this ya know. I guess I had unrealistic expectations to some degree which is my fault. but again, perfection is impossible. sometimes I wonder if we will always pick out something wrong with ourselves even if it isn't bad. we will fins something to complain about lol.... ur so sweet u need to post a selfie too...like I said miss ur handsome face around here :(
  • PopRox90
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    When I start thinking negatively about something on my body I immediately make myself focus on what I do like about it....arms aren’t as toned as I’d like them to be, but my stomach looks awesome.

iv been trying to do that as well. hard for me idk. I also think that just because ur losing weight and building confidence doesnt mean the way u ust to be when u were heavier disappears. ya know? its like emotionally confusing. I hope that makes sense haha. but that is great advice. just adjusting the way u look at urself. sometimes I do it mindlessly like I dont even realize im doing it lol sad