Newbie Here - 1200 calories for my 5'-1" frame YIKES!

Options
I've come to MFP at the recommendation of several friends. I've lost 24 lbs in the last 18 months, but still have another 30 to go. During that time, I discovered I'm lactose intolerant, fructose intolerant, allergic to mushrooms, and have some food triggers similar to IBS. I've been trying to follow FODMAP restrictions and it has helped significantly. I definitely feel better & know when I eat something I shouldn't. I'm looking for long term lifestyle changes so that I can maintain the weight loss and keep my body healthy as I near the end of my 50s. I need to get myself more motivated to exercise and hope this site will encourage me to do that because I know I can't lose the rest and tone up my body without the exercise piece. I'm two days in and 1200 calories is tough!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Do you have your weight loss goal set at 1 lb a week, and remember mfp is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories.
  • lcasdesign
    lcasdesign Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, 1 lb/wk. Good point about the exercise calories. I'm sure I'll appreciate getting back them back....once I get motivated to get moving more. If that doesn't encourage me, nothing will! Thanks!
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    lcasdesign wrote: »
    Yes, 1 lb/wk. Good point about the exercise calories. I'm sure I'll appreciate getting back them back....once I get motivated to get moving more. If that doesn't encourage me, nothing will! Thanks!

If it helps you can also drop your weight loss to .5 lbs a week.
  • lcasdesign
    lcasdesign Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OK, maybe I can play around with it a bit. Thanks! I'm not looking to get it off fast. I feel I can better maintain for the long term if it's slow & consistent loss.
  • Tcarp869
    Tcarp869 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am back for the 3rd or 4th time. My weight hasn't changed much in the past few years, but its more and more difficult to get / remain active. Hopefully "community" will help with motivation and accountability.