Self Introduction

Options
Hello, one and all,

My name is Aws, and I’m in my late 40s leaving in time zone +4. I’ve started using MyFitnessPal a month now to achieve a healthy lifestyle.

A former basketball player with good physical strength, unfortunately, I stopped all that at the age of 31. Since then, my physical fitness level has been downhill. A month back my daughter came to me with a sad face carrying a photo of me during my “good old days” as they say and said “I wish you could go back being fit again, I don’t like seeing you taking all this medication (hypertension and high cholesterol) when you don’t need them if you just maintain a healthy lifestyle.

That was my wake up call. So I have started my journey to reach that healthy lifestyle. I’m 180 cm and currently weighing 108.4 kg. My objective is 95 kg by the end of the year.

So this is my intro to the community hoping to get supporters who share my journey and willing to cheer me up to maintain the momentum.

Stay safe
Aws

Replies

• Carp614
    Carp614 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • gavingemorgan
    gavingemorgan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Gavin, 59 and fully retired living in Spain. I have not trained properly since 2011 when I left the army after 30 years. My partner and I sailed to the Caribbean and lived onboard our boat for 5 years. Sailing was pretty active and kept us fit and in shape. We moved back in to land (married) and settled in Spain 3 years ago. In March I had a knee operation and decided I needed to lose weight and start training again. So far I have lost a stone but I still need to lose a few pounds to get down to my ideal weight. I am loving the MyFitnessPal App and use it every day. Look forward to chatting with some of you in the community and helping to support each other.