Suggestions on a good work out

Options
What is a good work out that people found work best for them to reach their goal? Or a routine they followed?

Replies

• DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    P90x really pushed me over my workout plateau!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Here is my response in a similar thread from a couple of weeks ago:

& here is the link to it as well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/325652-share-your-non-commercial-exercise-routines

" For swimming I usually don't always have too much time, but I'll try to do something like this to get in about a mile:

Warm up: 600
    200 warm up swim (I usually do free/crawl for the whole exercise w/ sml spurts of other strokes)
    200 kick
    200 pull - If you have a pull buoy, then do 200 pull, but since I don't, I just so another 200 fr swim

Main set:1,000
    200 kick around 80 to 90%
    200 free swim
    200 Free: head up (fast), head down (easy), <-- repeat, and the rest free @ 70%
    200 Alternate btwn free x 50 and breast x50 all @ 90-100%
    200 Choice - IM, Breast, Free, whatever you want. But whatever you choose to do, go all out on it.

Cool down:
    200 Easy

All for a total of 1800 yrds. :)"

@DKBelle - love bodyrock.tv! :bigsmile:
  • Lawns86
    Options
    I have always wanted to try the p90x so it did work for u?
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I love my elliptical plus some strength training.
    9114468.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    tabata rounds.
  • lisab42
    lisab42 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!!!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is AWESOME!! 20 minutes of butt kicking!
  • yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels--dvds or her website circuit training.
  • km1711
    Options
    Lifting and cardio is always a great answer.

Personally the more I switch it up the more I lose nd more muscle definition I gain.

I do yoga (which I highly reccomend) pilates, and spin.

Plus im always warming up and cooling down on the treadmill and get some weights in.

Check out Body builder.com they have printable workouts :]
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Zumba!!!!!!! and lap swimming. Just a piece of advice: it's really tough doing a long swim (i.e. a mile) followed by Zumba with only 10 minutes between. If you can handle it (I barely survived today and am soooo glad they give out free water bottles at my gym ), it feels amazing after, but it's a challenge.
  • TrishMahon
    Options
    I lost six pounds before I joined here. I joined a gym and they have circuit training, much like curves has. I did really good at curves until they closed in my area and gave me back the 35 pounds I had lost. But that gave me a full body workout in 30 minutes.

I am now doing five minutes on the trreadmill and am working my strength up on the bike. By the end of the month I want to be able to do ten miles. Right now I am at 6.75 miles. Take your time and build up
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women/New Rules of Lifting for Abs with the High Intensity Interval Training included.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    For me it was the Beachbody products. I started with P90X, went to Insanity, did a hybrid of the two and then did the Asylum. I liked them a lot!