What a Wake Up Call

Options
Good morning to you all. I am grateful to be in this space with you. I've attached two pictures, and I need support so that the smile I present in my selfie does not dissipate when I think about the me that is beneath my neck and under my clothing. This was ahuge step for me this morning to take those photos, take measurements, and weigh myself. When I measured my waist, I just stared at the tape measure in disbelief. Over the past few years, I've added 14 inches to my waist. I still cannot wrap my head around that number. My plan for starting is to complete 15 minutes of yoga upon waking (this is already in my routine as I set my intention for the day), followed by a 15 minute walk. As I am reading what I write, that seems so small, but realistically this is where I am at present. I also will track the water I drink to make sure I'm adequately hydrated, not add any sugar to my coffee (I don't drink it black, but with a plant based "creamer"), and here is the big one...avoid Coca-Cola.
I look forward to getting to know some of you and providing support for you as you do for me.
I pray that you each stay safe and healthy during this current pandemic.
💗, Andrea

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,243 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and the forums .......You are welcome to add me if you would like a cheerleader while you are on your journey .........wishing you the very best :)
  • Andrea74Christine
    Andrea74Christine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you,and I will! I just need to figure out how to do that lol! 🤗
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, Andrea, but your 15 min of morning yoga and 15 min walk is surely inspiring someone else!

Have fun on your new journey!

• Andrea74Christine
    Andrea74Christine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • cheryl_elizabeth
    cheryl_elizabeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea! I am also realizing how much I have gained weight gradually over the last few years and want to make changes! I will be happy to add you as a friend here to support you and give motivation t each other to reach our goals 😄
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Small changes are the most sustainable. Once the new habit becomes truly second nature, you are ready for another small tweak. One step at a time, and soon you will see yourself in a whole different place!