Motivated.. for real this time!

Options
How many times have you fallen off the wagon? i seriously have lost count and its so sad. This time around I am really trying and make all the right steps/changes to make it manageable. My mother is like support partner, we exercise together and I even got her to join the site.

I tell myself I can do it and I want to. I just really hope that I don't let myself down. I'm tired of being over weight, its just not healthy and not what I want for my life.

So yeah.. I mean business this time!! My highest weight was 219 and I freaked, that's horrible. I'm only 25 so If I don't change now then it'll just get harder, Hell, its already hard. I am 5'4 and my weight now is 197 and I want to be at 150.

Soo.. whats your story?! :wink:

Replies

• Scarletblue
    Options
    I have been consistant with the falling off and I have come to the conclussion that I need to stay on to lose the weight and keep it off, So scientifically speaking I have done enough research to prove the falling off the wagon approach to weightloss does not work.

So I am climbing aboard and Gorilla glueing my *kitten* in place....
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Something I have learned in all of this weight loss that I have attempted is that you have to totally change your mind set. I started trying to lose weight when I weighed 275 lbs. I did a low carb program (Lindora) and lost 60 lbs over 2 cycles (I think they are 10 weeks each). When I ended the program I was 215 and gained 10 lbs within a month and got back to 230 rather quickly. I am now on a more realistic life long approach to weight loss (that includes a lot of exercise) that I can keep up. In my opinion, counting calories in and out is the best way to keep yourself on track to not only lose weight but keep it off in the long run. When I "fall of the wagon" now, it is when I have over eaten for a day. I remind myself what I am trying to do here and I am better on my calories the next day. I am not going to not have cake/ice cream/burritos/etc for the rest of my life, so I have to find ways to incorporate them into my eating (by eating less or exercising more for that day). Don't beat yourself up when you over eat, just try and remember why you are trying to lose weight/maintain a healthy weight, and try again the next day.

Good luck, don't give up!
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    I have fallen off many times!!!!! This time I"ve lost 16 pounds and that's the most I've ever lost. I just have to keep telling myself not to take a day off lol that's what gets me everytime cause one day turns into two days and so on! We can do this!!!!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    First of all, I am proud of you for putting the "brakes on" now.......some people never acknowledge that they have a lot of work to do to get healthy and drop weight. So I applaud you. It's hard to stay "good" all the time. So NEVER EVER give up. There will be times when you go off track. Exercise every day. Even if you fall off the wagon, just get right back on the next day. You are worthy and you can do this!!!!! Lisa from California.
    PS......lost over 15 pounds by using this web site. I LOVE IT!
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    ive been really sick and gained 10kg grr so need to get back into action and kick myself into shape.. Ive constantly battled weight gain all my life and seem to go through repetative cycles of loosing and gaining so i am going to try, with the help of this site to make it a life long change.. here goes :D
  • leezanicole
    Options
    You all are very supportive! I am finally realizing that this time around is different than the rest. Now I am taking the right steps, I exercise more and I eat smaller and healthier meals. Another thing I noticed is that I always felt the weight wasn't coming off quick enough and that would discourage and I would quit. This time around I'm measuring myself so I can keep track and seeing the numbers really help because I can see the progress.

Wish you all the best!! :flowerforyou: