c25k newbie and need help!

Options
I have started the c25k and 30 day shred only 3 days a week. My problem is that I can not seem to go for the whole time on the c25k as I do that second. Do I need to redo the day until I do the whole thing or do I need to not do 30 day shred? Thanks for any input!

Replies

• lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I would redo the day until you can get in the full run time. I would also do them on alternate days. When you do 30 Day Shred go for a walk.
    good luck
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When I was first doing C25k I was over doing it and had to slow down. If you can't slow down without walking, then yes I would think you should repeat the week until you can at least jog at a slow pace.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    the 30 DS can be alot because it is everyday., I just finished it and started the C25K today. I had a hard time finishing the last minute run but pushed through it. (which I learned doing the 30 DS) I would alternate the days
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I would redo the day until you can get in the full run time. I would also do them on alternate days. When you do 30 Day Shred go for a walk.
    good luck

I would second that. 30 Day Shred can be challenging enough... but to also be learning to run, you could be risking injury. Any sensible exercise plan includes rest and recovery periods... especially when you are just starting out!
  • leosmom1220
    leosmom1220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also repeat the day until I can finish it. I'm currently on week five. Especially if you aren't a real strong runner it's better to work slow and build your endurance than push yourself too hard too soon and risk injury.
  • AshleyE1122
    Options
    Oh my! Thank you so much for your support so soon! I think I will alternate the workout days and not do both at the same time. You guys are awesome!
    ps I need some friends can you guys add me?
    Thanks