A change is a comin!

Options
Time to hold myself accountable for my actions and take control back of my life. I'm 34, happily married, have a wonderful 7yr old daughter whom I need to set a good example for. Time for me to focus back on ME in order to give the best of me back to my family (if that makes sense). Wish me luck!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I've make my healthy eating my hobby. It's more productive than scrap booking.
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have done this when my children were that age. :frown: I think of all the wasted time:grumble: waiting for them sitting in a car or in a chair while practicing a sport (gymnastics, baseball, soccer, dance) when I could have been walking, running or going to a class myself.
    Good luck?
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Makes perfect sense....keep posting. This site is helping me,,,,a lot.
  • kimberlyawagner
    Options
    I think I'm going to steal your quote! Love it!
  • mrsjm2002
    Options
    I've make my healthy eating my hobby. It's more productive than scrap booking.

I crochet...maybe I need to do MORE of it so I'm not using my hands to put food in my mouth! lol
  • mrsjm2002
    Options
    I wish I would have done this when my children were that age. :frown: I think of all the wasted time:grumble: waiting for them sitting in a car or in a chair while practicing a sport (gymnastics, baseball, soccer, dance) when I could have been walking, running or going to a class myself.
    Good luck?

Thank you! One of the main things I have noticed...my daughter is 7yr, and she doesn't have any desire to ride her bike. We live on a busy street, however could EASILY drive to a nearby trail for her to get practice, and for something for US to do together...and we just dont. It's the little things.
  • mrsjm2002
    Options
    I think I'm going to steal your quote! Love it!

aww, Thanks! Looking back I think it may have even rhymed! LOL
  • mrsjm2002
    Options
    Makes perfect sense....keep posting. This site is helping me,,,,a lot.

Thank you! I'm so happy I'm FINALLY tired of being tired!
  • 2001cobra
    Options
    Hi Brook,

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU PUT YOUR MIND TOO!!

I can tell your family is important to you...

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS !!

MAKE IT COUNT GURL!!

If you need any encouragement just let me know ok.

-Pete
  • Good luck and congrats on taking the a very positive step to improving your health. I'm a newbie and I'm already realizing the very positive power of my MFP support network. Even the simple "good jobs" for small little goals go a long, long way. Plus, there are some amazingly smart people on here who have wonderful advice. Good luck and feel free to add me to your network.
  • biggiekay
    biggiekay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is that your hair really? It does not make you look fat - but if you cut it all off, you might get 2-3 pounds off right there! Your hair says HELLO!!!!!

Seriously - wish you well. Great hair needs a healthy body to carry it. I do not have much hair at all and I have way too much fat. Want some healthy living before I die.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Good luck. You can do it. When the 'can'ts and the won'ts' pop in their ugly head, remember, the word to apply is not WONT Power, but WILL POWER. You CAN and WILL do it. Go Brooke !!!