More Than 100lbs. to Lose - Exercise of Choice???

Options
I'm just curious what others are doin' around the globe. I get bored with certain workout kinda easily, so what do y'all do? What do you enjoy that isn't too hard on the body? There's no wrong answer. I'm just look for ideas, and maybe a few more friends in the process.

*smiles*

Jean

Replies

• sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is just dance to my favorite music while cleaning. Slips some squats in there. when the work is done I have got some workout time in there
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I started on the elliptical...it was about all I could handle at first. Then I found Zumba and I was hooked! I understand that some people do them at home on DVDs....I am never that motivated to work out alone. I do it at my local gym and am literally addicted. It is a great workout, super fun, and you will see people of ALL ages, sizes, shapes, and athletic/dancing ability. I would suggest trying it if you haven't already. For me, finding something that I actually looked forward to doing changed my entire perspective on fitness. Good luck!!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I go on the elliptical every single day. It used to be really boring, but I make mixes where I have one slow song and one fast song, and I try to keep up with the beat. It's a really great workout, and I burn a lot of calories.

I used to do the Biggest Loser Power Walk DVD when I first started. It's still a really good workout when I'm not really in the mood for the elliptical.

My all time favorite (and I miss it a lot) is Bikram yoga. My heart rate gets up to 180 in a few poses. The first week I tried it, I lost over five pounds and was drinking at least a gallon of water a day. My skin looked amazing, and I felt really strong. It's definitely not for everyone and since I was about 325 when I started it, it was definitely interesting... but I learned so much about myself and my body.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I walk a lot. I like to do the treadmill on a high incline, slow speed, biggest calorie burn ever for me.
    I also use the elliptical, go for walks outside, i have some games for Wii like Zumba and Cardio Boxing.
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Wii Fit!:happy:
  • onegirlsjourney
    Options
    I just started the P90x beach body workouts, Turbo Jam Rotation Series, and I walk/jog 4 miles 3-4 days a week.
  • cagcooper
    cagcooper Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I literally got off the couch and started moving with the "Couch 2 5 K" program on my treadmill....I got to Week 5 of the program and a friend introduced me to a Zumba/Cardio Dance class. WOW...I'm totally hooked. I bought a heart monitor and it calculates calories burned....I usually burn over 1000 calories in an hour at this class. It is a lot of jumping, but I have a bad knee, so I modify the moves to not jump as much and it still works for me.

Good luck!