30lbs in 30 weeks starting today - join me!

Options
cherys
cherys Posts: 387 Member
Hi

I'm a 56 yr old woman living on the outskirts of London UK, looking for some buddies committed to a weight loss of 1lb a week, with about 30lb to lose, so we can go on the journey together.

have finally started to take control of my fitness and am doing four good weights and circuits workouts a week. On week 3 of this regime and absolutely loving the feeling of strength and energy coming back to my body but so far I haven't changed my diet at all and I've managed to put on 3lbs since I started. So I'm back on MFP and determined to lose steadily by retraining myself on portion control, limiting treats to once a week not three times a day etc.

My lovely son who is physically disabled which has ruled him out of a lot of sport, has been on a sensible diet during lockdown and lost 6kg. He is my inspiration. He just started being very very careful of portion sizes and swapped unhealthy choices for healthy ones.

Hoping to lose around 1lb per week between now and the end of Feb 2001.

If you want to join me, come and introduce yourself below. Add your start and goal weights, height and any plans for your fitness and food regimes. Hope to get a handful of buddies to stay motivated together.

WEEK 1 25th July 2020

Height: 5' 4"
Start weight: 166lbs (11st 12 lbs or 75.3kg
Goal weight: 136lbs
Exercise levels: 4 workouts a week but VERY sedentary lifestyle - desk job from home, so need to try and build up to 10k steps a day as well as the workouts.

The plan
  • 8 glasses of water per day
  • 8-10 portions of fruit and veg - at least 5 of them veg.
  • lean protein
  • small amounts of complex carbs
  • no processed sugar or white flour (as these trigger really aggressive constant craving in me.)
  • a glass or two of wine only on two days at the weekend.

Planned milestones:
  • Getting under 11st 7lbs (UK speak for 161lb or 73kg) by AUGUST 31st
  • Getting under 11st (154lb or 69kg) by OCOTOBER 17th
  • Getting to healthy BMI (10 st 6lbs or 146 lbs or 66kg) by DECEMBER 11th
  • Getting under 10 stone by JANUARY 31st 2021
  • Target weight by FEBRUARY 28th 2021

Replies

• michellel96003
    michellel96003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I am 5’3 and 166 lbs. started at 173. I am 45. I am hoping to reach my goal of 125-130 lbs. I work in education and have been out of work since coronavirus...
  • cherys
    Options
    Hi Michelle,
    Thanks so much for joining in. Congratulations on your loss so far - that's half a stone. Are you doing any workouts? Do you follow a plan or are you basing it on food logging?
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I’m 48 years old with a sedentary job and not very active beside walking my puppy. My average step count is 12-15k a day.
    After my second child I had about 10lb left, but slowly added another 20lb. I came down 10lb in a couple of years, but with you I hope to lose those last 20lb, from 140 to 120.
    Have been on MFP for more than a year and had multiple tries, but lacking the motivation for long term discipline .
    I am very organized in all areas of my life, except eating.
  • cherys
    Options
    Hi Gabi,
    Thanks for joining us. Your step count of 12-15k a day doesn't sound sedentary to me. I aspire to it. Some days I manage less than 4k because I work from home. Having a puppy must be a good incentive to get out and walk.

I've also joined the August motivation team which looks really good - they set daily step challenges and have fitness bingo cards as well as a spreadsheet to keep track of progress.
  • cherys
    Options
    Hi Gabi and Michelle, how are you doing?

I've been for a walk this morning while catching up with my sister by phone. New plan to walk and talk instead of sit and talk. Healthy breakfast of yoghurt, nuts and berries, and trying to keep up the water intake.

How about you both?
  • cherys
    Options
    Hi,
    As no one has posted again, I'm not sure there's much point in keeping this chat alive. I really recommend joining the August motivation group instead. Hope to see you over there!
  • CAN_DO
    CAN_DO Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Pleas add
  • GabiV125
    Options
    Yesterday I’ve had the longest walk in the morning, about 6 miles, but before you congratulate me, the day was not exactly a success on the food front. I went after 4 month to my book club meeting, social distancing , outdoor, the whole thing. And it turned into a 1900 cal outing.
    Here comes the thing, today I don’t feel horrible, like I messed up and with my mind in the fridge.
    Cherrys, you are right, I don’t know how to do this right, but I’m trying and together I hope to get better.
    I read lots of threads the other day, on motivation and right to be there for you and for me.
  • GabiV125
    Options
    Also, I forgot to mention I am in US East Coast, so we’ll have a little time difference challenge of about 5-6 hours 😁
    I also work from home, so in my break I’ll check on the August motion group.