Huh? My pants are looser..My scale is the same.

Options
I think "looser" is a word, Is my fat shifting? One week in MFP. Calorie counting. Maybe I am "Mind Melding" my own fat into a different area. Can you not lose weight but fit differently into your clothes? I am maintaining. I guess that is at least something.

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Any change after only a week is probably too early to tell. You may have lost a little bit of fat, and are perhaps retaining slightly more water or something, but really - it's pretty early to start analysing changes. Your weight can and will fluctuate wildly due to all sort of things not related to fat loss, so look for long term trends to ensure you are on the right path, and don't worry too much over what the scale says on a week to week basis.
  • holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Some people find that if they gain muscle and lose fat they stay at the same weight while their clothes fit differently because muscle is denser than fat, however this would be unusual after only a week!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If you changed the type of foods you are eating, then maybe you are less bloated than you were before. Since it has only been a week, that's a likely explanation.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I agree that it's too early to tell if it's anything besides reduced bloating. People do tend to get "squishy" before a whoosh, where they lose a more significant amount of weight all at once, so it's possible that you're in a "squishy" phase. You're squishy because you've lost fat, but water is often retained before it flushes out during the whoosh. After a week, though, it's not really possible to know.