Starting out (again) and looking for a few friends

Options
Hey, I'm Isabel! I've used MFP a few times in the past off an on and now I'm back again. I've gained about 7lbs in the last month and I'm worried that I'll gain more if I don't get a handle on it now. So I'm looking for a few friends to inspire me, help keep me accountable and to brighten up my timeline.

Replies

• Lacey_Locket
    Lacey_Locket Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey Isabel, nice to meet you and happy to brighten up your timeline 🙂
  • lashalee001
    lashalee001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well hello I'm lasha glad to meet you I'm praying and wish you well on this journey
  • shazamsharon
    shazamsharon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have used myfitnesspal in the past but have gained all my weight back on. I am struggling through this covid madness and finding it difficult to stay focused. I find it difficult to ask for friends but I am fed up of being alone in this, so here I go. I am trying to lose weight as my health is giving me huge hints. So now is the time to lose it for good.
  • runlikesnek
    runlikesnek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Nice meeting you! I am also new here and I would welcome any new friends :smile:
    Also, good luck!
  • ashtonmcguire2702
    ashtonmcguire2702 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off this app for years. I've been doing workout videos 6 days a week and now started running as well. I would like some workout buddies. We can exchange food recipes and workout routines. 😀
  • coxwife11
    coxwife11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I haven't been on since 2017. Shame on me. Ive gained a significant amount of weight and need to get this under control as i can feel my body hurting all the time! Looking for friends to help keep me motivated.
  • hanulka88
    hanulka88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Isabel (and everyone else!), I was coming here to say something very similar :) I’ve been using MyFitnessPal for years on and off but want to start using it regularly again. I lost 6lb a few months ago but my motivation dwindled and I put some of that weight back on. I’m mid-way through a Couch to 5k programme which I’ve really enjoyed but I want to get on top of my eating and am looking to make some friends to keep me motivated :)
  • Michal43429
    Michal43429 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michal, a gender fluid oldie. Third time on MFP. COVID has 'helped' me put on 20kg, now weigh 129kg. At 69, I need to get down to at least 99kg. I'm sick of not being able to buy clothes off the shelf, looking at myself in the mirror (yuck) and feeling comfortable in my own skin. I do not want to remain morbidly obese and I am borderline diabetic. Today I am being inspired by all your messages.
  • Shelby2happy
    Shelby2happy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Definitely put on some pounds thanks to isolation! :) Feel free to add me.
  • slherber
    slherber Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Isabel, I'm Shawna and also looking for accountability buddies. Ill do my best to do the same. 🙂
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I'm Ed trying to get back to how I was several years ago before life and health got in the way. By all means add away.
  • ChasingBrave
    ChasingBrave Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I joined a few months ago, though I ended up taking a break during a difficult time over the past several weeks. I've recently gotten back into things and have found that this app helps me stay accountable for how I take care of my health.

Happy to help and provide motivation and friendship to you and anyone else. Cheers to living a healthier life. 😊
  • preshalin
    preshalin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been here for a while on and off. Starting again too. Goodluck on your journey and hope you're successful in reaching your goals :)