Why is my total percentage of fat macro higher than my goal if I had less than my goal?

Options
Hello, as you can see in the attached images, it says my total fat is 37% and my goal is 30%. However when I click on it I see that I’ve had 69 g of fat instead of my goal of 77 so should my total fat consumption be less than 30%?

kj1pm118ius0.jpeg
w9411w4xgi9l.jpeg

Replies

• creesama
    creesama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    37% of what you ate for the day were fats, even if you didn't reach the daily recommended fat intake
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Because your other macros are off also. But not enough to be concerned IMO, assuming you are happy with how you ate.

Combined protein + Carbs is 63% instead of goal of 70%. They are low, fat is high: in terms of how those 3 macros fit into your overall day.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Because the recommended percentage was of your total cals. You were below your carbs and above your protein, so it seems like it generally evened out. Better to look at total grams than percentages.
  • josh250to180
    josh250to180 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    You ate less than your goal quantifiably, as you set a specific number of calories to eat each day. Calories are a product of the mass of macros that you eat.

Something you had was higher in fat that you usually eat.