Hospital mindless munching

Options
here's the deal, my moms hospitalized for a serious illness. Probably will be for quite some time :( I started my journey mid aug before my current situation and was doing soo great. But now there is not a day Im not in the hospital, it takes a toll on your physical and mental well being but what my mom is dealing with is far worse than I'm enduring. My question is, how do I start working on ending my mindless eating? Any food I see, I have to have it. I've even kind of started slacking it on my exercise but I'm just going to take on what I can now. Any advice?

Side note: yes this is a tough time but everytime things go sour in life, I can't stop doing me. Plus concentrating on something else other than my mother puts me @ease and stay positive somewhat. Lastly, how am I expected to care for her if I can't care for my self.

Replies

• moprincess76
    Options
    walk the hallways.. climb the stairs( if there are any) ... or walk the perimeter of the hospital. and pack some fruit for the "munchies"...
  • emi_esp
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your mother is in the hospital, that's really tough and it's no wonder that dieting would get harder. I struggle a lot with mindless eating sometimes too, the only thing I can say is to have something on that can distract you. For instance, I always have a sudoku book in my room in case I want to snack. Any sort of book, puzzle, or hobby that will engage your mind on something else; once you've started it for a bit you usually lose the craving for the snack too!