IT's time of the month!

Options
Hi all,

this is for all women? I had 4 days off from work and was not very active! I feel horrible and heavy now because I have the worst cravings and can't seem to stop eating! I have been doing really well signing in everyday and logging my food! however my hormones and going crazy because it' the time of the month! How do I stop beating myself up and get my motivation back?

Replies

• I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    the cravings.. just find a healthier alternative, drink LOTS AND LOTS of water! It will help. And if you get up and do something, even if it's 10 15 minutes, usually that will make you wanna do more.. You just need the little push to do it.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Honestly, this is what I do to fight back during "that time of the month"- Don't use it as an excuse. Yes, we feel crappy and bloated and do have cravings. But I honestly think that most of the time we make it worse in our heads than it really is. I track my cycles, so I know when it's rolling around, and I try to keep any junk food and sweets out of the house. If you don't buy it, you won't eat it. Simple, but true. I do tend to be a little hungrier during that time, so let myself eat a little more, but I try to keep it healthy. Lots of veggies and fruits. If I go over cals eating that sort of stuff, I don't feel guilty at all. Also, up your water intake. It can help keep the bloating down. Does wonders for me. Hope that helps!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am the the same way. I just keep my routine as normal as possible and only keep healthy snacks in the house.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water, watch my sodium...and try my hardest to treat it like any other week!! though I will feel sorry for myself and have a few treats at times!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    First realise that beating yourself up isn't necessary, you're a woman and sadly this is a part of our lives, it's natural (annoying yes) and it is a part of what you are...an AWESOME WOMAN :flowerforyou:
    Quite honestly we rock!
    Hormones: try evening primrose capsules they are great at balancing hormones (check with a health food store in case you're on other medication). Another simple remedy is Green Tea hot or cold no milk.

Craving: Before you 'give in' to it have either a glass of water or better still a cup of green tea wait 10-15 mins then if it is still there give in to it but half the amount and eat slowly savour every mouthful.

No exercise for 4 days: Don't worry about it, get back on the horse (so to speak) and start again. I've been sick for two weeks barely able to breath after a shower or doing the dishes lol, I started to beat myself up then realised that was silly, it wasn't my fault I was sick but I did owe it to my body to get better before I stressed it out with exercise and even though I'm not 'busting a gut' I am still moving around as much as I can.
    Above all else remember we are all on this journey with you, nobody said it would be easy or straight forward it is a journey enjoy the ride, it is a part of the whole experience. :flowerforyou:
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up - Remember, you aren't perfect & nature is messing with you. I agree, drink a glass of water, wait 10 minutes. If the craving is still there, allow yourself 1/4 of what you want, wait, think, then go back for more if you can't shake it. If you DECIDE to indulge, relax and start new with your next choice. Habits & cravings are part of this journey. Tackle them one at a time.

Hope you get back to normal soon
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! thanks for the advice! You guys are awesome! But I'm finally going back to my original regimen! THanks so much! this is very helpful and inspiring! Good to know people that you don't even know have your back in this process!