Keto help

Options
Hello everyone I'm currently doing keto have lost roughly 22lbs in 5 weeks. Was wondering if anyone had any keto tips to hit the fat goals. I stalled after week 3 and haven't lost anything yet. I drink around a gallon of water a day eat roughly 1800 calories 6'1" 284 male. Any help would really be appreciated. I'm taking my vitamins and supplement but I have a hard time staying on low calories while reaching for fat grams.

Replies

• Luv_orange
    Luv_orange Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Go back to the basics
    BUT check your macros. When you lose weight, your calorie requirement for continued weight loss has to also be less.
    Consider a couple high fat meat only days/No dairy /No nuts/Nothing from a box or wrapper ~ And don't think about the calories as much ,pound some meat literally, 1 gallon of water x 3 days.
    Thing is ,its sounds bad , but you will get full quicker...Your will move past plateau 🤓
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    crivers47 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I'm currently doing keto have lost roughly 22lbs in 5 weeks. Was wondering if anyone had any keto tips to hit the fat goals. I stalled after week 3 and haven't lost anything yet. I drink around a gallon of water a day eat roughly 1800 calories 6'1" 284 male. Any help would really be appreciated. I'm taking my vitamins and supplement but I have a hard time staying on low calories while reaching for fat grams.

Weight loss is not linear. Be patient and most of all be consistent. At 6'1", you should easily lose fat at 1800 cals per day. IMO, that's kind a low for someone your height but that's neither here nor there. Stalls and plateaus are part of the process...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    So you lost 22lbs in 5 weeks? That's more than 4lbs per week, which is not only fast but ridiculously fast. Are you in week 8 now? then that's still nearly 3lbs per week, thus still ridiculously fast.
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would say avoid articial sugar. I started Keto at 408, got to down to 222 in about 2 years. Currently at 265 and back on track. But I found that if I had to much Coke Zero, or sugar free candy, it stalled me pretty quick. Also, change up your workout routines. I change mine all up every other month to shock my body.
  • crivers47
    crivers47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not replying sooner idk how to put alerts for this. Yes I was 305 June 17 roughly. I'm at 280 at the moment. I drink easily 1 gallon and constantly more at times. I'm doing keto but trying OMAD now and I started again to lose weight. I don't eat anything from boxes at all and definetly no sugar. I take my vitamins and fish oil daily. I also take a probiotic and acv. Yea I just freak out not seeing weight going down but I'm learning to see it from a different perspective. Its hard to work out as gyms closed in my neighborhood and unfortunately going out for walks is out of the question. Crime is pretty bad atm even walking around I've been hit up. I rent a room so it's very limited space. Basically just food and cooking healthy is my only go to atm
    By the way thanks for everyone responding
  • crivers47
    crivers47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would say avoid articial sugar. I started Keto at 408, got to down to 222 in about 2 years. Currently at 265 and back on track. But I found that if I had to much Coke Zero, or sugar free candy, it stalled me pretty quick. Also, change up your workout routines. I change mine all up every other month to shock my body.

Congrats bro thanks for replying. Damn that's alot you did in a 2 year period that's simply amazing. I don't drink soft drinks other than 1 bubbly carbonated water 1 a day. I also don't have any sweets at all. What I find the hardest is getting enough fats while staying at a deficit. Does that make sense? Like sometimes it says I'm supposed to be at 140g of fat but when I'm at 1800 cal I'm only at like 110 120