I am back to try this again.

Options
Hi All,
I am a 54 year old woman who had lost about 20 lbs on a dirty keto diet and now have gained back about 15 lbs during the pandemic. Working from home leads to much less exercise and easier access to food. I have decided to give MFP another try having been successful in the past.
My starting weight this time was 195. Looking for motivation and support.

Replies

• clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I’ve gained about 6-7 pounds during this pandemic myself. I’ve decided today that I have no choice but to log all my food, every day, no excuses, even when it’s my husband’s birthday, the kids are in town visiting etc. If I am true to logging every day and go over my calories once a week or so, it’ll still be a heck of a lot better than I’ve been doing recently! I had joined the Just Say No to Late Night Snacking for July and was consistent with that, I think because I knew I had to post and tally. I’m thinking if I do that with logging, I will do so much better. By the way, I’m Barb and I’m 56 years old. Exercise has never been a problem for me as I get in a bad mood if I can’t exercise first thing every day. But the mindless eating as I read all the gloom and doom of various news sites, it’s got to stop! I was only about 8 pounds from my goal, now it’s closer to 15!
    This is what I’m thinking about posting each day:

Logged all food: ✅
    Under calories: ✅

I may list exercise too since I know I’ll have something I can check each day!
    I’m not going to list weight right now. I just want to get in the habit of consistently logging all my food again. I’ll reevaluate at end of August.

Do you want to do something similar and post each day? Hold each other accountable?
  • Melly045
    Melly045 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If I’m being completely honest i gained back much of the 24 lbs I’ve gained prior to pandemic but now the pandemic is certainly not helping. I lost 40 lbs several years ago and kept it off until one day i fell off track and i can’t get back on track. I wish i could recall how i was able to stay focused before
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    So, like I said my goal is to log EVERYTHING I eat and just focus on that for month of August. I started yesterday.

Logged everything: ✅ 1/1 (1 out of 1 days)
    Under calories: ✅ 1/1
    Streak: 1 day
  • clutterqueen
    Options
    My husband had me pick up doughnuts from the best doughnut place early this morning so we could take them to work ( I was going to be nearby after going in Walmart).
    Somehow managed to resist eating one after smelling their yumminess the whole trip back!
    Logged Everything: ✅
    Under calories: ✅
    Streak 2 days