Importance of Strength Training

Options
New to the site, but just submitted my first strength training workout, and realized the database is poor in the weight training department and had to add nearly everything.

I'm hoping the reasoning is people found it too tedious to submit, or they keep a separate workout journal.

Strength training is an equal part of the fitness triangle! WEIGHT TRAINING (the strenuous kind!), CARDIO, and DIET!

If anybody cares, I'm going to be posting some of my complete workouts (probably just in my exercise diary to start), some compound and some isolated, but will most likely consist of legs (quads, hams, glutes, calves), chest and/or triceps, back and/or biceps (including lower back!), an isolated shoulder and traps exercise, and a workout for arms only (biceps and triceps).

When all done with that, if people STILL care, I'll be posting some core and ab workouts for great stability that will help you in all your other exercises (including cardio).

Replies

• zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    if they are like me, they just log all the weights under "stregth training" no way i can be bothered putting in every single exercise, including reps and sets... how boring...

i don't do the same workout each time, so i can't just copy from the previous one.
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You're right...I just log my strength training(strenuous) under the general entry because it is rather tedious to list every move under the actual 'strength training' title...sometimes I can't even remember every move but I'm sure that I'm burning more than the general entry gives...I'll be looking forward to your next post!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I would be very interested :]

I strength train 3 times a week and it is my fav thing to do! I want to be strong and cut :]
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Strength and cardio are both very important, I mix them up every week :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    if people STILL care, I'll be posting some core and ab workouts for great stability that will help you in all your other exercises (including cardio).

Oh please do, I want more muscle toning exercise tips especially for my abs. I want it to be super flat :bigsmile:
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did not expect such a strong reply, but I'll gladly look into a way to organize this all better in a useful way that can be applied to anybody that's interested.

zeeeb: If you don't keep track, how can you see improvements in strength and/or endurance by seeing how many sets/reps you've accomplished? And yes, not doing the same workout is great, but there should be a foundation and target for the day.

becca: I think you deleted your post by accident, but I'll look into a blog.

calmom: at least keep a mental diary?

sunshine: good attitude! it's always great to hear the female race is not afraid to be strong

scorpio: thumbs up

jmdortega: muscle "toning" is a funny word, what we really want to say is "lose fat around the muscle, to see a "toned" muscle underneath." I very sadly have to reply that abs are made in the kitchen ='[ Every single person you know has abs, women typically a 4 pack, sometimes 6, and men typically 6, sometimes 8 (all genetics in that category), but the thing is that we have layers of fat tissue covering the beautiful muscles underneath. Think about it, how many 6-10 yr old boys have you seen at the beach or pool with perfect 6 packs? you think they do 50000 crunches a week like those magazines tell you? no, they're just skinny, and most exercise they get is torturing their parents
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Complete back/bicep compound exercises posted today, complete chest/tricep workout posted 9/6.

Legs or Shoulders to come tomorrow!

Check into my exercise diary for all my workouts.

(Please note the amount of exercises are for the advanced only, try half or so of the items listed.)