Looking for ONE accountability partner to check-in every single day

Options
Hi! I know there are lots of awesome support and accountability groups on here, but to me that is a little overwhelming. I am looking for ONE person that I could check in with every single day to help push me toward my goals, and hopefully I could do the same for them.

A bit about me: I am simply struggling with a lack of motivation and effort. I know what I should do, and even what I want to do, in terms of my diet and fitness, but I just keep choosing to watch tv rather than work out, or eat a pb&J rather than cook a well-balanced meal. There are some more specific details (and excuses) I could go into later, but basically, I just need a bit more daily motivation. And because I live alone and really have one to talk to on a regular basis about it, it just keeps going, day after day.

In 2017, I lost 10-15 lbs and felt great in my skin and in my workouts, and I think one of the main factors was that my best friend at the time and I were checking in with one another daily. We would send imessages to discuss our calories, fruit/vegetable intake, distract ourselves if we wanted to eat but weren't actually hungry, talk about our running pace from that day's run, etc. However, throughout 2018 and 2019, I gradually gained those lbs back. So I am looking for one person to check in with each day about my goals. Currently, none of my friends are in a position or mindset to be that person for me, and I don't want to send lots of messages to my friends every day if that isn't something they really want to discuss.

I think I'd prefer to share more details with one person who is in a similar boat, rather than post all my information here. So please private message me if you would be interested in messaging EVERY DAY with just me for daily accountability and motivation! Then we can go from there! Hope someone else would benefit from this type of daily check in!

Replies

• sassyredhead89
    sassyredhead89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think it may be good to find someone RELATIVELY similar to me, although we wouldn't need to have identical goals/situations. But I'll add a bit just in case.

I am 31 years old, female, no major health concerns/injuries. I live in China, but am American so my diet is a combination of Chinese and Western style meals. Would like to check in twice daily (AM and PM). My main goal right now is to hit a certain daily number of fruit and vegetable servings, and get in some movement (any kind) each day. I enjoy running, dancing, and weight lifting when I'm in the mood and motivated to do them, but since I haven't been lately, I think at least walking daily will be great. I do not want to focus on calories or other specifics right now, but am happy to hold you accountable for other types of goals if that's what would help you.
  • sassyredhead89
    sassyredhead89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is frowned upon, but I'm going to bump this post up one more time. I'll give up after that! :)
  • sagebarbie
    sagebarbie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m in a similar situation. My biggest struggle is motivation. Like you I know what I need to do but.... just not doing it
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m happy to help anyone w accountability! Feel free to friend me and DM. We got this!!