I’m new!

Options
Hi, I’m new and like everything, it’s tough being the new person. WW wasn’t working, so let’s hope this does. I live exercising, I’ve ran two full marathons, lots of half marathons. I’m an avid gym-goer and I just love lifting weights, I also go to three Spin classes. I work out 6 days a week - so why am I struggling to lose weight and get in shape?
Food!
What I think is a healthy meal obviously isn’t and I have a sweet tooth.
Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you struggling with @clairecourtenay661 you seems to be very active what kinda foods do you eat? Any food allergies?
  • clairecourtenay661
    clairecourtenay661 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for responding! Portion sizes are too big, I also fad diet and just need a regular eating plan. I love healthy foods, I try to add avocado, berries, eggs and fish to my daily diet. I try not to eat dairy and probably need to give up bread and not eat late at night.
  • clairecourtenay661
    Options
    Sugar needs to go too 😕
  • clairecourtenay661
    Options
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm old! 😜 But welcome to the phunny pharm, anyway.

Some questions (NOT criticisms or put-downs) to consider:
    • Why do you want to lose weight?
    • How much do you want to lose?
    • Do you need to lose weight? From what you've said it doesn't sound like you do.

Based on available information the logical conclusion is that you are a healthy young lady, so what you're doing is working. If you want to lose weight, though, it is basic math: (Calories In - Calories Out = Weight Loss). Larger difference = faster loss.

Most foods in moderation are healthy foods. I understand the portion control trouble, though. Too much healthy food is unhealthy.

Sounds, too, as though you know the problems and the solutions. 👍 Change your life, not your weight.
  • IsimplyWill
    IsimplyWill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cut out the calorie dense food. Avocado is one example, be it healthy/not. Losing weight is all about being on a calorie deficit. Anyone that tells you otherwise like many fitness influencers out there is BSing you. Aim to walk 10000 steps daily which is equivalent to about 1.5 hours. 500 kcal deficit a day is equivalent to 1 pound of bodyfat per week. Walking is an underrated cardio. It burns plenty of calories and also because of the low intensity, you do not risk losing muscle, does not take a great toll on your body which also means you can do it frequently and does not make you as hungry as you would if you engage in higher intensity workouts. Don't stop moving!
  • IsimplyWill
    IsimplyWill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sugar needs to go too 😕

It does not have to go! It has to be replaced! If you want to keep the weight off for life. Sustainability is key!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for responding! Portion sizes are too big, I also fad diet and just need a regular eating plan. I love healthy foods, I try to add avocado, berries, eggs and fish to my daily diet. I try not to eat dairy and probably need to give up bread and not eat late at night.

There you go, you’ve identified the problem now solve it by eliminating bread, dairy and stop eating late at nights. Eat more greens and whole foods