New Start - Changing Ways

Options
Hi all! I’ve tried different ways of losing weight and the only thing I found effective in the past was calorie control. I was too harsh on the amount of calories I could consume so was inevitably put off. This time I’m gonna go with what MFP says and stick with it. Slow and steady. I’m gonna keep it off. Going with the mentality that it’s not a diet. It’s a healthy way of living from now on.

I’m trying the month of premium too. If I find it beneficial then I’ll stick with it.

Would love to add plenty of people to support them and hopefully have a thumbs up back every now and then.

I’m 37 and few young at heart. Time my body felt that way too. 😄

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 too, and I've been on the 'slow and steady wins the race' route since a year now. Down 44lbs so far and feeling great.

I think it's a great mindset, there are no bonus points for suffering and the likelihood of long-term success is higher too if we don't see it as a diet.

Good luck!
  • Lyallatron
    Lyallatron Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I'm 37 too, and I've been on the 'slow and steady wins the race' route since a year now. Down 44lbs so far and feeling great.

I think it's a great mindset, there are no bonus points for suffering and the likelihood of long-term success is higher too if we don't see it as a diet.

Good luck!

Thanks!
  • midlife_goals
    midlife_goals Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I’m 45 and I follow calorie control and macro tracking as well as my training...happy to encourage as much as possible👌
  • IsimplyWill
    IsimplyWill Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need to be on a caloric deficit. There is no other way and definitely NO easy way out. Tracking your calorie intake has to be a priority. It is all about calories in and out. To look and feel like the way you want to for LIFE, you need to work on sustainability. That involves an entire lifestyle which includes diet and training. You can do it! Work on being the best YOU you can do day after day week after week.
  • Lyallatron
    Options
    I can defo do it. I’ve had some success with CICO a few years ago but stopped. That was the problem. Making it a way of life now and getting more active. Feeling positive about this 👍
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like :)

I'm in a pretty similar situation and looking for a more permanent change in habits and lifestyle. And we can deffo do it!

• Lyallatron
    Options
    Added, thanks! 😊