MFP and MFP friends saved my life.

Options
Lame title I know! Interesting enough it is very true. Before I finally used Mfp and made my lifestyle change I was in bad shape. I had a very high elevated liver, blood pressure that would spike into numbers as high as 180/100, had stomach problems, my psoriasis was acting up, and other health issues. I was even told by a DR. That if I didn't get lap band or gastronomic bypass I would be dead soon, at age 29. I started this journey at 379 pounds. I lost a few without Mfp but it wasn't going to work.

Then I found the social side of Mfp, I found people who every day logged in to motivate me. Answered questions I might have and just in general truly care about your progress.

I had my 1 month dr. Appointment today, it's been 5 weeks but my health has changed tremendously, so much the nurse and dr was flabbergasted. My blood pressure is down to 117/74, liver enzymes were the same as if I was a teenage kid, pulse was low, my heart sounded great, my psoriasis cleared up, zero stomach problems, my sleep apnea has gone away so much my wife said I don't sound like I'm going to die in my sleep any longer. In fact she doesn't even hear me snore anymore. I've lost right around 46 pounds in those 5.5 weeks. The Dr. Couldn't stop shaking his head he couldn't believe it, he was just stunned and I gave him my secret. MFP!

This NSV goes out to myfitnesspal and all my friends on here! I couldn't do this alone and I'm on my way to being in the best shape of my life. I am now almost to 320 pounds for the first time I can remember. 220 here I come. So Mfp take a bow! People question how important friends on here can be and I can tell you they literally can be a life saver.

Next month I am running my first 5k. I feel amazing! We can all do this!

*pardon any spelling I'm on my iPad.*

Replies

• IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you amazing loss! I feel lucky to have found such a family on this site. Keep up the great work!
  • karenkwalker
    karenkwalker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! So glad you health is better! I agree once I started getting in the community - I started to see some success. Tough to handle things like this in isolation! Best of luck on your journey!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! And guess what? Now YOU are an inspiration to others! Keep up the excellent work!
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Terrific! You are doing so Awesome taking care of yourself. Pat on the back!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing, and so are you. <3
  • qkiley
    Options
    Great work that is awesome! Keep it up, good days and bad we are always here!
  • Robyn4444
    Robyn4444 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news & a great story. It is so encouraging to read about how far you have come.

Thank you.
  • jensmithdc
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up. MFP motivation keeps you an I going!
  • Aria_Fat_Pants
    Options
    Good job! You're inspiring. Wish you all the best in your weight loss journey :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Awesome~!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational post! Thank you for sharing.

(and congrats on your progress thus far) and KEEP GOING!!!! :D
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great work, thanks for sharing the story.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing. Here's to your continuing progress and success!
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awesome & so inspiring!!! Thank you! Keep up the great work!! :)
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    Keep up the great work, you are doing a stellar job!!! Thanks for sharing your story, you have no idea how these positive words will be a HUGE inspiration to others.

And as a side note - my sleep apnea and snoring virtually disappeared after my first week of eating right and exercising. I can still say that is one of the best things to happen to me after all this time, it makes it all worth it and also gives me a big reason to stick to my new healthier lifestyle.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    We love you JR and you have done an amazing job! I am very proud of you!

I am thankful that MFP is a FREE site and pray it always remains that way. I also look forward to watching you captain a challenge team in the future and when you do I will sign up for it!!!!!

~ L
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Many congratulations to you and your family for your hard work and dedication.

I too have shared MFP with my two physicians, nutritionist and nurses....they love it and pass it along! :)
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! I'm so glad that you complete health is improving! that's just amazing what 40l s gone will do :) you are absolutely an inspiration! keep up the great work :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    This NSV goes out to myfitnesspal and all my friends on here! I couldn't do this alone and I'm on my way to being in the best shape of my life. I am now almost to 320 pounds for the first time I can remember. 220 here I come. So Mfp take a bow! People question how important friends on here can be and I can tell you they literally can be a life saver.

I agree whole-heartedly with how you feel about MFP, the people on here are amazing. And while I've never met any of them face-to-face I couldn't be without their support in what is for me, a daily battle to control my eating.

Well done on your weight loss to date and the huge improvement in your health. Wishing you continued success on your journey.
  • Garfy
    Garfy Posts: 41
    Options
    What a fantastic achievement - well done !

I ran my first 5km this year - when I told my husband back in January that I had signed up for it, he actually lay down on the floor & laughed (he knows how much I hate running). In July I did it & hope you feel as fab as I did when you reach the finish line.

Angie
    x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!