Race for the Cure 5k October 2

Options
any Colorado folks doing the Race for the Cure 5k on Oct 2? I am running it for the first time this year, a week before my half marathon (gulp). Would love to meet up/run with some local MFP buddies :)

Replies

• SlwNStdy
    Options
    I will know in a couple weeks if I am I want to so bad.... not running tho
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I will know in a couple weeks if I am I want to so bad.... not running tho

I had always walked it in the past and I know a few people walking it this year, but no one I know personally is running it...maybe we can get a MFP group together afterwards ;)
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm walking it... here in Virginia! I'll be with you in spirit :)
  • bryzzl
    bryzzl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'll be running it in Vancouver! Go us!! :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'll be running it in Vancouver! Go us!! :)

at least I'll have lots of folks in spirit with me LOL thanks!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I might be! I will be walk/jogging it rather than running but I'd really like to do it. I did the Dirty Girl 5k in Calhan on Saturday (also a breast cancer awareness fundraiser) and it was a great experience! That was my first 5k. Will decide by the end of the day and post and let you know if I'm going to do it. My good friend's cousin was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and it has spread throughout her entire body. We have to find a cure!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am registered. I will be starting at 8:00 since I'm a jogger/walker not a runner and I live in the Springs and have to pick up my bib when I get there so I need to get there nice and early. Would love to meet you after the race! I sent you a friend request.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'll be walking in Baltimore at the end of Oct!

I'm so excited to see a bunch of women are supporting komen!