My thighs need help

Options
Anyone have tips on reducing the size of your thighs?? I've noticed my weight loss in all other areas but my thighs don't seem to be reducing at the same pace!!

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    we all know you cant spot reduce.

and no type of exercise will reduce fat in your thighs.
  • Andrea_Alexis_1980
    Options
    I lost inches in my thighs from using the stationary bike it really does work great
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Squats, power walking, and jogging have toned my thighs up a lot. You can't spot reduce FAT but you can strengthen your muscles so that the muscles pull everything in tighter and your thighs look smaller.

There are a lot of variations on squats and they all do slightly different things so try em out. Just air squats or holding a weight against your chest is fine, you don't need to do the body builder version with the dumbbell yet.

otherwise just keep losing fat and you'll eventually get there
  • jnanof
    jnanof Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    for women, thighs butts and tummy are the last to go. Keep at it and work hard!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    um, you can work those areas with squats and lunges, running I've heard also helps. Good luck!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Just embrace your thighs. do activities like cycling that will make it so that your Thighs are muscular and not flubby. I have the same issue, I'm learning to love my J-Lo thighs though. :D
  • Zeal8
    Zeal8 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    we all know you cant spot reduce.

and no type of exercise will reduce fat in your thighs.

1000% right, you have to lose overall body fat. Women store most fat in their thighs as men store most fat in their belly area.
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have tried many over the years to trim down my legs. I have what I refer to as "healthy" legs. That is where I store my fat...mostly in my thighs and outer hip/saddle bag area. I have lifted heavy, lifted light for many reps, used cardio machines and nothing ever worked. I would lose fat and gain strength every where else.

When I decided it was time to get back in shape about a month ago I started doing 2 things I have never done before. C25K (I have always despised running) and HIIT circuits. It has been right about 5 weeks and I have seen an amazing difference. Even my brother commented without prompting that my legs are looking trimmer. For the first time ever I am seeing a change where I have wanted it most.
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You can use sweet sweat on your thighs and that will help speed up the process.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Running helps.