Hi Everyone! New to the Site!

Options
Hi, my name is Vedrana and I am new to this site! I just created my page yesterday in an effort to get healthier, look better, and just be happy once again! I was an athlete in high school and have just let the weight pile on in the last 4-5 years and it's gotten awful! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like and ANY advice is GREATLY appreciated!!! I have just started this and need all the help I can get! I'm hoping to not give up this time like I have always in the past! Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all!

-Vedrana

Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Welcome and this is the best place for motivation and support!
  • u334556
    Options
    Hi Vedrana, I'm also new to this site and 22 as well :) Hopefully we can motivate each other!!

I'm just wanting to get healthy! I came from a fat family of over-eaters, a tough habit to kick, so I'm just wanting to have a lifestyle change, eat healthy, get fit and no doubt eventually drop some of that extra weight I'm carrying.
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Take one day at a time and keep in mind that saying... "Inch by Inch is a Cinch....Yard by Yard is Hard." So ease into the program and dont shock youre system....make simple changes to your diet like adding more veggies, less fried food, eat whole wheat and add exercise. You will do fine as long as you take it easy and make changes you can stick to. Best of Luck to you & dont get discouraged no matter what! :wink:
  • NorthernCally
    Options
    Hi, Vedrana! I just signed up today, and already feel very welcome! From what I've seen, this site is great for motivation and encouragement. I'll add you if you add me! And here's to both of us staying determined to succeed!!
  • tessjk
    Options
    welcome, I'm sure you will find MFP a great tool in loosing weight :happy: