Love on MyFitnessPal?

TheLastMrBig
TheLastMrBig Posts: 219 Member
Has anyone found love/significant other on MyFitnessPal? and if you are on here on side seeking connections and potential relationships should you be upfront with your timeline?

Replies

• Callousedthoughts
    Callousedthoughts Posts: 2,090 Member
    I love you. Does that count?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Absolutely. Right back at you.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member

😠 I thought you only loved me?
  • Callousedthoughts
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Dont be so selfish!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member

Dont be so selfish!

It’s a good thing you have others to love because I’m done! DONE! 😤
  • Callousedthoughts

Dont be so selfish!

It’s a good thing you have others to love because I’m done! DONE! 😤

Youll be back 😏
  • jmakleanaddo
    jmakleanaddo Posts: 101 Member
    Has anyone found love/significant other on MyFitnessPal? and if you are on here on side seeking connections and potential relationships should you be upfront with your timeline?

You should always be honest about who you are in every single way! Oh my god that is so critical! Could have saved me a lot of pain and heart break right now.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    I did. Neither of us intended for it but we really clicked. After a few months and a visit he asked me to move. I said yes. So after a total of 11 months and 3 visits I moved across country. It's been a few years and we've had our ups and downs but no regrets. We're talking marriage and such.
    But MFP is not the place to find someone. We were both just bored people. He only messaged me that day because he was bored and I only even read it because I was in a tattoo shop bored waiting for my appointment. Had no plans on talking to him at all. But my artist kept coming out saying 10 more minutes. So I thought why not see what he has to say.
    Seriously don't look at MFP as a way to find love. Friends? Yeah why not. But theres fake people all over and you don't want to get attached to one. Lol I know a couple fake ones messaged me, I wonder if they realized how incredibly fake they came off as.
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Friends are possible, I suppose. I'd say love is probably rare as this isn't what brings folks here. If that's what you're looking for though, put it in your profile.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    Isn't there an old song that goes 'looking for love in all the wrong places'? :) Even dating sites can be downright scary. But considering meeting people through work and school can be difficult as well, you gotta take your chances someplace. Just be careful no matter who/where you meet. Both my dds met someone through online dating services; 1 relationship lasted a few years, the other is still going strong. I don't care where you meet somebody, take your time and get to truly know that person before you commit your heart. :( People pretend to be somebody else, everywhere you go. :(

This place, from what I've seen, can be lots of fun, flirty, educational, kind, opinionated, etc., but I have to agree with someone else who said if you're looking for a connection, try a dating site. Wishing you the very best if that's what you're hoping for.

Actually, I remember a woman returning here to tell her story of how she and her partner met through MFP, and ended up getting married, were very happy together. It was a beautiful story.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Just be upfront and honest.

Worst Advice Ever.

@tams_89
    just clowning; love ya, Tams

• kevin_smoove
    kevin_smoove Posts: 350 Member
    It is funny when people talk about having an "exclusive" MFP "relationship".