POLENTA!!!

JamesonsMommy
JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
I am pretty much obsessed with polenta right now.. Anybody care to share their favorite way to use polenta?

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I love polenta! I eat it with spaghetti sauce, plain, in a box, in a house....with a fox, with a mouse...

I kind of...sorry. I'll eat it anyway I can.
  • try it with brown sugar/splenda, dried cranberries, raisins, and nuts for a hot breakfast treat.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes?recipe_id=6000056&prev_term=polenta

This ^^
    After seeing this recipe, I also used it for a quiche crust too. Yum!
  • JamesonsMommy
    I love polenta! I eat it with spaghetti sauce, plain, in a box, in a house....with a fox, with a mouse...

I kind of...sorry. I'll eat it anyway I can.

LMAO!!!
  • JamesonsMommy
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes?recipe_id=6000056&prev_term=polenta

This ^^
    After seeing this recipe, I also used it for a quiche crust too. Yum!

OMG!! Thanks!!! this looks amazing :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    try it with brown sugar/splenda, dried cranberries, raisins, and nuts for a hot breakfast treat.

This sounds good.. I like mine with a little syrup.. I usually brush a few slices with olive oil and throw it under the broiler :)
  • I make polenta sheets and cut those into "noodles" and make polenta lasagna

1 cup polenta (NOT the quick cooking kind)
    4 cups water (you could use stock)
    Season to taste - I like to use fresh basil leaves (torn), cracked black pepper, sea salt, oregano, etc.

Cook it over medium heat until thick. Put it in a pan that has a small lip and put it in the fridge until solid (30 minutes)

Cut into desired shapes.

Then use like you would lasagna noodles.

I make a vegan polenta lasagna that even the more hard-core meat eaters don't detect the lack of meat (lots of mushrooms)

Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes depending on how thick you make it (how many layers, thickness of the polenta, etc...)

Honestly, this is better reheated the following day. It's not bad the day you bake it, I love left overs in this case!
  • JamesonsMommy
    I make polenta sheets and cut those into "noodles" and make polenta lasagna

1 cup polenta (NOT the quick cooking kind)
    4 cups water (you could use stock)
    Season to taste - I like to use fresh basil leaves (torn), cracked black pepper, sea salt, oregano, etc.

Cook it over medium heat until thick. Put it in a pan that has a small lip and put it in the fridge until solid (30 minutes)

Cut into desired shapes.

Then use like you would lasagna noodles.

I make a vegan polenta lasagna that even the more hard-core meat eaters don't detect the lack of meat (lots of mushrooms)

Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes depending on how thick you make it (how many layers, thickness of the polenta, etc...)

Honestly, this is better reheated the following day. It's not bad the day you bake it, I love left overs in this case!

BRILLIANT!!! thanks for sharing :) I actually went vegeterian a month or so ago.. i can't wait to try all of these :)
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    I like it grilled and topped with goat cheese and jam. Sounds weird, but it's so good
  • I like it grilled and topped with goat cheese and jam. Sounds weird, but it's so good

It is good. Sweet vs. salty....

Speaking of goat cheese... Try it with some roasted figs and a light balsamic reduction. But add diced roasted red pepper and onion to the polenta...... Beautiful
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    BUMP!!