What kinds of vitamins and supplements?

Options
I have been taking the one a day weight loss formula, also I take omega 3-6-9 and omega 3 (because I feel the 3 is the most important I take 2000 mg of 3 and 1000 of 3-6-9) I also take coenzyme q10 and glucosomine sulfate, soon I am switching to the kind with chondroitin, (the pharmacist recommended to get used to just the glucosomine first before adding the chondroitin). I also take 1000 mg of vitamin C a day and I am thinking about adding chromium as well. Anyone else have any comments or ideas or anything else that you have added conversationally?

I take these to boost my immune system, increase energy, and help my body tolerate exercise better. Also for general health benefits too I guess :)

Replies

• kimbey76
    kimbey76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the one a day weight loss formula, also I take omega 3-6-9 and omega 3 (because I feel the 3 is the most important I take 2000 mg of 3 and 1000 of 3-6-9) I also take coenzyme q10 and glucosomine sulfate, soon I am switching to the kind with chondroitin, (the pharmacist recommended to get used to just the glucosomine first before adding the chondroitin). I also take 1000 mg of vitamin C a day and I am thinking about adding chromium as well. Anyone else have any comments or ideas or anything else that you have added conversationally?

I take these to boost my immune system, increase energy, and help my body tolerate exercise better. Also for general health benefits too I guess :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'd speak with a doctor about those personally. Supplements are medication. Many medications have adverse effects when taken together. I take a multivitamin and it's label explicitly says not to take other medications within 2 hours of taking the vitamin. That includes tylenol, birth control and other vitamins. There are a lot of things that people sometimes take that are really not needed. Talk with your doc to find out what you should really be taking.
  • chandhole
    chandhole Posts: 45
    Options
    I take a B Complex (supports energy production and reduces stress),
    Omega 3-6-9 (for muscle recovery and brain function),
    The Ultimate One (a version of Men's One a Day multi, not the name brand),
    CLA (to support fat reduction),
    Vitamin D (I live in the Northern Hemisphere),:laugh: there are other benefits like Cancer fighting so I've been told.
    Green Tea extract (for metabolism boosting),
    Apple Cider Vinegar (for digestive health).

I should probably take Glucosomine too. I hope to get my daily vitamin C from fruits and veg.

Cheers!
    :drinker:
  • kimbey76
    kimbey76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Speaking to your doctor before adding any vitamins or supplements is always a good suggestion especially if you take any prescription medicines. I don't know that I agree with dietary supplements being the same as medication, although I would agree herbal supplements are. I do not take any prescription medications but even still I was careful to research these before starting them, that included research online (ignoring money making sites) reading the labels carefully and speaking to a pharmacist :wink: