foods that will keep you full

Hello I need some food ideas that are super filling, I will eat a meal and like an hour later I'm hungry again. Can anyone tell me some filling foods ideas. Thank you for all of your help.

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Protein --- lean meat, greek yogurt (the good kind where there is more protein than sugar), protein shakes, nuts, beans, avocado etc.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    foods that are high in protein and fiber are more likely to keep you full. things like lean meats, egg whites, vegetables, fruit, oatmeal, milk, yogurt, etc are great ways to stay full and healthy.
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Protein fills me up for longer than fibrous foods, but do make sure you get enough fiber in your diet. Also, drink water or tea or coffee often; hunger pangs can actually be signs that you're thirsty rather than hungry. Coffee always does the trick for me. :)
  • The classic is oatmeal. Try steel cut. Any food high in fiber is also filling... lentils, beans, berries, broccoli, pears, apples... Try mixing some of the high fiber fruits with the oatmeal, works wonders. And it may satisfy the sweet tooth too. I used that last night when I really wanted a brownie. Then off to bed before I had a chance to think about more food. =]