Where would you live if you could?

Options
ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
I've always wanted to move to someplace quaint, charming, but I'm a lifer here where I am, I guess. While I do like my little hometown, I'd also love to live on a remote part of coastal Maine. Some place tourists don't know about.
But then my dd keeps telling me I should move to the Seattle area. While I wouldn't want to live there exactly, there are many beautiful areas near there I wouldn't mind living; again I'm thinking coastal, quaint, remote.

So tell us where your dream residence would be. :)

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I have always dreamed of living on a farm or in a small town. Lots of nature and very few people
  • MFPUser73629
    MFPUser73629 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Far enough away from everyone that I don’t see anyone unless I want to.

I have 20 acres now but that’s not enough. Need another couple hundred.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Maybe a hut on the beach in Bora Bora!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Mars

mars-614x412.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I still want to go back and spend the end of my days in Japan. My husband says no. Blah, blah, blah.. giving up American freedoms, blah, blah, blah.

I liked living there and I miss it. Sure, I would have to learn substantially more Japanese than I already know and I would have to contend with itty bitty living spaces unless we live someplace rural (like we did), but it's no more or less humid than here, the food is delicious and there's just so much to see and explore.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    In a haunted house on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

The ghost has to be quirky and cool tho, not a dick ghost.

I want secret passageways between the walls, cool relics in the attic with a cupola sitting room, and not a neighbour for at least a 10 minute drive.

There is a forest on the property, an old graveyard of course, and a hedge maze.

Oh, and a pond for waterfowl, water lilies and pretty fish.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I want secret passageways between the walls, cool relics in the attic with a cupola sitting room, and not a neighbour for at least a 10 minute drive.

There is a forest on the property, an old graveyard of course, and a hedge maze.

I have a feeling you and I have a disparity in what we are thinking by this. :D
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like where I live. I just wish I could magically have the upgrades we plan to do over the next 10 years happen overnight by little property elves or something. I love the results, but hate the reno process, especially when drywall work is required :# .
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to end my life where it began: in NE Scotland. Not everybody's dream destination, I know. But no more clearing snow for five months of the year and dealing with -40 degree days. No more scorching hot summers with 100% humidity. Longer gardening season.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    somewhere in the woods. where it rains. like the Pacific Northwest maybe. with acreage and a fallout shelter
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

..... yeah, dick ghosts are the worst.
  • _canadianbakin_
    _canadianbakin_ Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t move, I love it here
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Japan but I'm perfectly happy here in San Francisco
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Realistically I would probably move to Encinitas. It makes the most sense for life currently and I really feel my happiest when I am there. I often fantasize about just packing up everything and moving to some small little Scottish village though.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Probably another planet, preferably without the humans...this one is prettyy shiiiiittteeee
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    Texas; probably will be moving that way in the next two years.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Central London with an apartment in the Caribbean. Is that too much to ask? Rich husband wya?
  • hunnahs26
    hunnahs26 Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I really love North Carolina, currently in Maryland
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The Azores, ...one of the many islands of Portugal, Sao Miguel, it’s the only island that’s developed, But still small and laid back.

Somewhere with no snow, I’d be happy. Excluding the States.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    The Azores, ...one of the many islands of Portugal, Sao Miguel, it’s the only island that’s developed, But still small and laid back.

Somewhere with no snow, I’d be happy. Excluding the States.

I grew up going here as a child. thanks for the reminder. I change my previous answer.