I started one year ago today...

Options
I gained 80 lbs over the 10 years after college. It happened so slowly that I never even saw that I had changed so much, but now I see it. Honestly i avoided having my body seen by a camera for a few years so I don't have many comparison photos to "showcase" my progress.
I started MFP 365 days ago, 36 years old, 5'4 and 212 lbs. I told nobody that I was going to attempt to lose weight. I think I expected to fail or I was embarrassed. I stayed consistent and accountable for the entire year, tracked every calorie of food and drink, wore my fitbit daily (although my diet was #1 priority honestly, exercise is something I'm getting more into lately)...and 1 year later, I weigh 132. Down 80 lbs. Didn't expect this. Don't give up, have patience, this works! 😀idjnsamdcnaf.jpeg
pulmojgi3wsi.jpeg

Replies

• SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Fantastic!!! Keep up the great work!
  • gmarrier
    gmarrier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!
  • VA_Lifter
    VA_Lifter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! You look just fabulous and I'm betting you feel great too. I am inspired. The 30 pounds I lost several years ago have all crept back on and I am miserable about it. I am going to just work at it day by day too -- good to hear that for you logging and consistency (REALLY :) paid off. Congratulations!
  • JudyCoventry10
    JudyCoventry10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! What a transformation. I needed this this morning.
    Did you have your goal at 2lbs a week?
  • Maeshree14
    Maeshree14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    U are a motivation to me tnx
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and healthy now! Wonderful transformation. You're right, it CAN be done.
  • remoore23
    remoore23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • npittsbusby
    npittsbusby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are freakin amazing and look fabulous. Def some inspiration for me!
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Incredible work. You look great, well done you :D

Hard to imagine what I might look like in a year - never think that far ahead!
  • lorrieannoberry
    lorrieannoberry Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    inspiring
  • olive1511
    olive1511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How many calories did you consume on a daily basis? You look great...congratulations!
  • selawson729
    selawson729 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    dianeedeal wrote: »
    How many calories did you consume on a daily basis? You look great...congratulations!

My app is set to 2 lbs loss a week. Don't put stock in that number and get discouraged. Just keep going because you can be doing everything right and not consistently lose at that pace, I did not have any "cheat days" yet it took a year to lose the 80 lbs. There were lulls every month. I didnt record when my weight went up a lb or so, only the losses, fluctuation happens around that time of the month or whatever for anyone and why discourage yourself over it? I knew after so long that if I was sticking to my calories/plan then I'd continue to lose. My calories daily were 1200 plus my fitbit added "earned" calories which are kinda suspish to me, so I typically eat 1200-1400. 64 oz of water a day.
  • selawson729
    selawson729 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! What a transformation. I needed this this morning.
    Did you have your goal at 2lbs a week?

Yes.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Great loss! Lots of difference.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just Wow
  • olive1511
    olive1511 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! You worked hard!
  • Kaitie9399
    Kaitie9399 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic results. Nice to see how you consistently logged and walked and persevered and it all paid off!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fab!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!