Young Moms with a lot to lose

Options
Just thought I'd give a shout out to any of the other young moms out there that also have a lot to lose. I'm really excited to start the weight loss journey, but it would be awesome to have some more people just like me as friends to bounce off ideas with and talk to if I'm struggling. I've tried several times to lose weight, and I think this time may finally work, but I'm honestly worried about falling back into my old ways.

Please add me if you'd like some support--I will gladly return the favor! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I would like to think that I am still young. I have 2 young sons. I am on the other end of the spectrum, meaning I am maintaining now. But, I would be happy to have you as a friend on here. I've lost quite a bit, and I am here to tell you that with the right mentality, it can be done.
  • sjhmommy
    sjhmommy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you consider young- I'm 29 with a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old. I'm 27 pounds down, a LOT to go- but I'm almost to my 30 pound mini-goal. I love reading the success stories and knowing it CAN be done!
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I consider myself young...I have a soon to be 4 year old boy and a 2 year old holy terror little girl (she's got personality to spare). I am trying to lose about 80 pounds. 20 gone already. Feel free to add me!
  • sjhmommy
    sjhmommy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just went and looked at k2d4p's blog and WOW! You have come such a long way! You look amazing! Congrats! Wow, I just used a lot of exclamation points lol
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    yes im a yooung mom who has lots to lose...im look forward to doing this journey right...no more bs!!!!!
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just went and looked at k2d4p's blog and WOW! You have come such a long way! You look amazing! Congrats! Wow, I just used a lot of exclamation points lol

Totally agree. Good luck, fellow moms!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Totally agree. Good luck, fellow moms!

Thanks a lot guys. Very nice of you to say.:blushing:
  • Lastlove
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and I fully agree! No more crap
  • daybydayna
    daybydayna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP tonight. I have been doing weight watchers since March, and even though I have lost 23lbs it was no longer worth the money because I found myself not tracking at all. I have a daughter who is just about to turn one, and last year before giving birth I saw a number on the scale I WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN!!! 296... Typing that makes me want to throw up! I'm 25 years old, and currently weighing in at 255. Ideally, I would love to weigh in at 180, but anything under 200 is sounding good to me right now. I'm dying to have another child, but scared to death to get pregnant at this weight. I'm looking for support and a buddy to hold each other accountable and just talk realistically about the struggles that go along with loosing weight. I'm not really sure how this whole thing works yet, but I would love to do this journey along side someone similar to myself.