40yr old female needs motivation

Options
Had joined previously about 5 years ago and went from 300-185lbs (no surgery just hard work). Now I’m sitting at 220lbs and want to be back at 185. I had done so well until November 2019. I ended up having two major surgeries back to back and really just let things go. I’m ready to restart! Baby steps for me though. My most recent surgery was July 2020.
I need to clean up my diet (hard AF for me), and ease into working out. I’ve started with committing to 3 work outs weekly. Please friend me and help me keep accountable!

Replies

• StrongOlive
    StrongOlive Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’ll be 40 this month. I’m at 202 and have a long-term goal of 150. I’ll friend you!!!
  • Michael9879
    Michael9879 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Similar boat here, I'm fairly active almost 41 but I have hard time with my diet and health issues.
  • pauldonaghy1375
    pauldonaghy1375 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After years of yo-yoing weight gains and losses I've used lock down and work furlough to sort myself out. I found that the best way to balance the dieting and exercise was power walking.... or rather walking when ever possible at a brisk a pace as possible. Low impact, but it seemed to really work. As I got lighter and fitter I've even introduced some jogging... I'm 52 this month but am feeling really good thanks to the pavement pounding. All the best
  • lizzywks
    lizzywks Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Liz here. 36 year old female at 225 pounds. I also had lost a lot of weight back in 2009 but then gained it back. Now I am trying to lose add again. Feel free to add me!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 in June.
    Had previously (2015-2018) lost 50+ pounds
    Now I'm at my highest weight ever.
    I'm looking for an accountability group or challenge to join...but I know I missed the start of the month.
  • dietingright
    dietingright Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Val here, This is my first post, I’m 49, weigh 199, my goal weight is 175 . Any hints? I gained a lot due to quarantining... gained 20lbs in 7 months.
    Help!!!!
  • zen_kaylor
    zen_kaylor Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Val here, This is my first post, I’m 49, weigh 199, my goal weight is 175 . Any hints? I gained a lot due to quarantining... gained 20lbs in 7 months.
    Help!!!!

Eat less, move more. I know it sounds rudimentary but its what helped me the first time. 🥰