High Protein Breakfast Ideas, NO EGGS

Looking for breakfast foods and recipes that do not contain eggs. I am really getting tired of scrambled eggs/eggs whites, omelets, etc. Trying to keep carbs to a minimum at breakfast.
What do you do?

Replies

• stiches987
    stiches987 Posts: 4 Member
    boca burger, peanut butter on low carb bread or rice cake, I even eat vegan hot dogs for breakfast, .. make breakfast your own type of food. I eat lots of peanut butter love it went vegan, so breakfast is vegan eggs, hot dogs, boca burger, or pasta zero w steamed veg and can't believe its not butter... all delish and low
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    I get where you are coming from on the eggs. They do get old quick. For me when I want to up my protein but am skipping the eggs I'll do some sort of protein smoothie (Greek Yogurt, Protein powder, Banana, Frozen Fruit of choice, almond milk, and some sort of green like spinach to round it out, or some protein oatmeal. Oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and fruit.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I had beef ribs for breakfast a few weeks ago and a lentil soup a few weeks before that. "Breakfast foods" are "lunch and/or dinner foods"

Like @dsc84 I'm into yogurt (but prefer skyr over Greek), protein powder. There's also nutritional yeast which adds a slightly "cheese-like" protein boost to whatever you're eating.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I had beef ribs for breakfast a few weeks ago and a lentil soup a few weeks before that. "Breakfast foods" are "lunch and/or dinner foods"
    @MaltedTea is right on!
    I'll eat anything leftover in the fridge for breakfast if it fits into my calories for the day and isn't pizza. Pizza is my trigger food. :smile:

I did think of a recipe I used to make often- I called them Protein pancakes/Waffles because they were shaped like pancakes.

Real simple- Mix all of this together:
    1 Scoop Whey Protein (Chocolate or Vanilla)
    1 Egg (or 2 egg whites)
    1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
    1/4 Tablespoon Baking Powder
    1 large Tablespoon of Plain or vanilla Greek Yogurt (Or yogurt of choice)
    Sprinkle of Salt

Either pour into waffle iron, or pour as pancakes. Good lower carb option.

• Keema style ground beef and spinach with some sour cream or Greek yog
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 989 Member
    Possibly not as high in protein as you'd like but most weekdays I just have soya yoghurt with lots of seeds, half a serving of museli, some nuts and some berries. I usually have a hard boiled egg as well though.

At weekends, I have two rashers of bacon or a large pork sausage, grilled tomato, mushrooms, scrambled or poached egg and sometimes a slice of toast. You could skip the egg and have bacon and sausage rather than one or the other.

Sometimes I have smoked kippers with mushrooms (although I usually have a poached egg with that too).

I have eggs most days, but as it varies from hard boiled to poached to scrambled and is always with something else rather than the eggs being the focal point, I never feel "ugh, eggs again".
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 161 Member
    I do feel "ugh, eggs again".
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    It takes roughly 30 minutes to make from start to finish, but my highest protein meals recently have been a super cheap take on chicken parmesan. It's definitely NOT chicken parm, but you're in a similar ballpark flavor-wise.

2 frozen chicken patties (40g protein, 4g carbs)
    45g mozzerella (12g protein, 1g carbs)
    150g Rao's marinara sauce (1g protein, 5g carbs)

483 calories
    53g protein
    10g carbs

Aside from something like that, I'd keep it simple. Leftovers, fry up a burger, deli meats, steak, tuna salad, etc. Whatever you have that sounds good.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,838 Member
    I am a keto'er ... I make chaffles ( cheddar waffles ) so many different types ...sweet ....savory...you can even add protein powder to them ... make a blt with them :) yes it uses 1 egg to make the batter but they are soo yummy :)
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Protein shakes are always a quick go to for us, Premier protein makes several yummy flavors and they don't have alot of sugar. You may also want to try a "wrap" that I found at Aldi, with 12g of protein in each, and just load with hummus and vegetables. Plus home overnight oats or hot oatmeal can be high in protein and fiber.
  • rodneywittner
    rodneywittner Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the comments and ideas everyone. I appreciate it. I will be trying some of these. :)