40 Somethings

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    edited August 2020
    41 next week - crap!! I read that 40's is when you get your head together but your body starts falling apart. Screw that :) I'm here to prove that wrong. I'm currently at my lowest weight in 12 years - still got a bit to go yet though.

Feel free to add me. My diary is by no means perfect, and I have a fitbit linked to mfp so it looks like I never do any exercise!
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    I'll be 47 in a couple of weeks. I consider myself pretty fit, but every year it gets harder to battle the weight that tries to creep back on. Still, I'm really proud of how hard I work to be the best me I can be. Running, weight lifting, yoga, hiking. An active lifestyle keeps me looking and feeling great.
  • ClassicL337
    ClassicL337 Posts: 9 Member
    I will be 40 in November. Happy to be part of the journey with people in my age range. Feel free to add me.
  • janicelturner78
    janicelturner78 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 41 - at least for a few more days :). I'm just starting, but I do know having support is the best way to stay motivated.
  • Qvar70
    Qvar70 Posts: 7 Member
    I say goodbye to my forties in about 6 weeks time. Overall I'm fairly healthy and reasonably fit but came across MFP as I wanted to drop maybe 12lb to a stone after putting it on due to inactivity and snacking over the lockdown months. Never realised what I was actually consuming before using MFP so I'm being very careful at the minute and making a bit of progress. Best of luck to everyone on achieving those goals.
  • angelicmisery
    angelicmisery Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I love that there is a thread for 40 somethings! I turn 42 in Oct. My bf is 8 years older than me. He's really into fitness. It's amazing but we met on MFP. I sent him a message about whether a Garmin or FitBit is better. We've been dating for 3 years now lol! He's been running for 5 years he even ran 1/2 marathons. :smiley: I have been on MFP for a while. I get SUPER motivated and I use my pain for an excuse to not go to the gym. I'm getting motivated again because I got my I went to Fleet Feet to get my feet scanned and other things. The employee had me choose a shoe 1 size bigger so my toes had somewhere to go. Over Covid I have gained 20 lbs. It's time to not make excuses any more
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 495 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hi all,
    I turned 44 two weeks ago. Needing a group for support and motivation (and an smack on the head once in a while). Battled with some weight issues (sometimes heavier than others) most of my life. My heaviest was 198lbs a year after my second baby was born (I’m 5’6’). Joined weight watchers and did well, then joined MFP and finished finding a routine and balance. Was doing great, achieved and maintained my goal weight of 143-146 (to allow normal fluctuations) for nearly 3 years, right after I turned 40... eating balanced, working out... then, we decided to move abroad (which I consider a necessary evil, as I didn’t want to move)... maintained even through that chaos and mess and even into the first year in a new country. Then, I volunteered for a big fundraiser event which was very stressful, then my dad passed away and the $#*** hit the fan, I burnt out, and started gaining weight... I haven’t checked the scale in 2 weeks because I’m afraid I’ll crumble, but last time I checked I was at 157...
    I’ve had really bad back pain for most of the last 2 years (started with packing and moving. Been to 3physiotherapists and one chiropractor. Still trying physio to strengthen core and back again, plus got a massage and cupping done last week and I hope it is starting to help. I try to continue an exercise routine but the last 6 moths have been hard with this back pain.
    I’m still sad for having moved, I miss home (Texas) and my friends. I miss my old life. I’m trying to find my new life (volunteering, improving the language, etc), I’m afraid if I don’t DECIDE to make a change on my weight trend now, I’ll continue gaining more little by little, and it’s going to be harder to lose, plus make me feel even worse about myself and my situation!
    So anyway, I’m here to say I’M STARTING AGAIN! I need accountability and friends! So here I am, if anyone wants a cheer buddy or a sounding wall, PM me or add me!
    Here’s to 40some and fab!
  • angelicmisery
    angelicmisery Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm not used to chatting to people on MFP. Is there a way we can make this a group? I have it bookmarked but I don't even remember how I did that! Lol!
  • sujeetbhatte
    sujeetbhatte Posts: 26 Member
    I will turn 42 in a couple of months. I was planning to lose all my excess fat by 40. I ended up losing 50 lbs (SW: 280) and then life happened.

Dropped off the wagon for a bit but managed to maintain my weight and kept eating healthier options.

Now back on the wagon with keto and loving it!

Target is to lose 80 lbs in 1 year and to build muscle back.

Keep on keeping on! :smiley:
  • midlife_goals
    midlife_goals Posts: 54 Member
    I’m 45, been active all my life but let my job take over for 3years 5 years ago. Someone took a pic of me and when I saw it I was shocked at what I had become. A shadow of my former self and I needed to take action. So I quit my job and took a gamble on another one and so far it has paid off. Back down to a 32 waist, been told I look good for my age, but I never believe it, own worst critic... this journey is not over yet, still have goals I want to hit....💪💪
  • LockdownLoser23
    LockdownLoser23 Posts: 93 Member
    Yeah I'm only 40 - feeling like the youngest in the class for first time in a while! :p Was here a few years back and now here to help get support while gym is closed and I added some lockdown kg's. Hate the forums, prefer friends on my feed posting how they are smashing workouts and goals
  • 73hkm73
    73hkm73 Posts: 3 Member
    46 here! Starting today with 31 pounds to lose! Let’s do this! Would love some other female accountability partners!
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    In my last year of 40's....although I've been told I look middle 30's. :D
  • brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 41 I have been logging in for about 40 days in a row. I have lost 60 lbs in just under 11 weeks. I still have 97 lbs to go. Started at 382lbs when I hit my breaking point and decided I'm all in in a new healthy lifestyle.
  • Clau_Ioana1202
    Clau_Ioana1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey all, I am 40 and feel much better than when I was 20. I loved 30+ though. :smiley: I hope I will love 40+, too. I want to lose 9 kg, 19 lbs to feel good. I look good now I cannot complain but I know myself and the recent gain of 15 lbs did not help. Great that we have a group of people same age! :smile: I turned 40 in December, it seems not long ago but 41 is close too.
  • Time4Me0411
    Time4Me0411 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I am 46 years young! I have battled with my weight my entire life, lose, gain, lose, gain, lose, gain and now determined that I once I have lost it this time, it is never finding me again. I think back to how many social events I have missed out on because I felt awful about myself. How many times I didn't go swimming in the sea on holiday because I felt so self conscious about walking from the sand to the sea. How many photo's I am not in because I couldn't bear to see myself. So enough is enough and I now want to spend the second half of my life, living it to the full! My goal is to be confident for my next beach holiday in July next year. Please feel free to add me and we can go on our journey together.
  • gladz2014
    gladz2014 Posts: 28 Member
    how is everyones progress going?
  • OkayKez
    OkayKez Posts: 2 Member
    Feel free to add me. I just turned 43 and love connecting with people in my age group trying to stay in or get back into shape.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!