Love on MyFitnessPal?

Options
2»

Replies

• kevin_smoove
    kevin_smoove Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It is funny when people talk about having an "exclusive" MFP "relationship".

I don't call it that. I call it a side piece.

See, now THAT, I can respect.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I agree with the side piece approach. Whether the interaction is used to benefit a current relationship, distract from a current (possibly bad but more likely stale) relationship or as a placeholder while trying to find someone that you can actually have something real with - have some good boundaries. Whatever works for you, but keep in mind that your intention may not be the same as the other person's. Protect yourself and them.

I find the concept of finding anything of depth, aside from platonic, here or anywhere else online boggling. It may be why I'm addicted to all of the 90 day fiance iterations. Totally blows my mind that people could fall in love without having ever met someone, much less spent a significant amount of time with them. It would take much more faith than I could possibly have.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    It is possible. I have seen a few people talk about happening to meet their spouse on here. I never met anyone off of here. Came close but he ghosted me. Lol. I’m glad he did though because then I might not have met my current partner.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Boy, I really don't know about any of that. All I know is that everyone is single on MyFitnessPal and we love you just the way you are. Every day and in every way. We do. I care.

🤣🤣@everyone is single on MFP
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    As far as your thoughts about people deleting friends, I don't have extra time to spend on MFP. :( I wish I did because I love this place. So maybe people realize it takes time to have friends on their list. I found out I wasn't very good at that so ended up deleting the ones I had. Sorry to all that I did that to!!

Oops, I guess it was in one of your other posts, sorry about that. :)
  • jmakleanaddo
    jmakleanaddo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I did and it didn't work out. Ended up getting hurt. I wasn't looking as I had just ended my marriage but I guess it was an attention thing at first. We live and learn I guess. You can meet people anywhere. Just be upfront and honest.

Now your story I'm interested in!
  • hunnahs26
    hunnahs26 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I dated a woman from here before. Just didn't work out.