New to the program

Options
Hi, this is the first time I have ever posted on a blog but I am excited about this website. I have nine children and four grandchildren and have never counted calories. I joined on Monday and am loving doing this. I am hopeful to take this step. I am not new to exercise or eating right but went through a bad time a few years back and did everything wrong, fitness wise. I gained an appalling 46 pounds, on top of the few extra I was carrying. I don't know if people can respond to this because this is a first for me but I am curious to see how this community works. Good luck everybody!

Replies

• melanni
    melanni Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, this is the first time I have ever posted on a blog but I am excited about this website. I have nine children and four grandchildren and have never counted calories. I joined on Monday and am loving doing this. I am hopeful to take this step. I am not new to exercise or eating right but went through a bad time a few years back and did everything wrong, fitness wise. I gained an appalling 46 pounds, on top of the few extra I was carrying. I don't know if people can respond to this because this is a first for me but I am curious to see how this community works. Good luck everybody!
  • Terri12
    Terri12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck Melanni! You can do ithis. I too just started on Sunday. It is pretty easy if you are used to choosing the right foods. It sounds like you have the excerise in control as I do, its the food what gets us in to trouble. I'm finding out I eat to much protein but have everything has has been ok for now. Good luck and remember to save your meal plans if you eat them often. Terri
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you! I hope you have great successes using this site! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Options
    Welcome!! And good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou:

Or wait... is this DLarson pretending to be Melanni??? :wink:
  • dlarson
    dlarson Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Lauryn, this is Denise (dlarson). I signed myself up a few days ago and I encouraged my sister to join but she wouldn't do it unless I got her started so I opened her account for her. I forgot to log out of her new account and back into mine before I posted. That was what caused the problem. I heard that you lose some brain cells with each pregnancy........maybe that's true. When Melanni finally logs on today, won't she be surprised that she already has posts! She is going to love me. I already called her and warned her about my mistake. We are working on opposite sides of the globe so sometimes our communication is delayed. I'm just finishing up my day in Germany and she is just starting hers. Anyway, thanks for the words of encouragement and congrats again on 46 POUNDS! Being at this side of needing to lose weight makes me VERY impressed.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile: