I started one year ago today...

Replies

• mojowrkn
    mojowrkn Posts: 5 Member
    Fantastic work keep it up! its all about tracking, cant manage what we dont measure.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    My new hero(ine)!
  • cosafe1
    cosafe1 Posts: 27 Member
    Inspiring! Thanks for posting! I love the pictures people post and may get one of mine out to show that I have weight to lose!
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    Amazing and inspiring!
  • Wow, look at you. You look so good. Keep living your best life :0)
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Great work!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    This is so inspiring. I am at a similar place to your start pic and this is helping me see the hopeful end results if I can stick with it. Thank you and well done
  • kickingitup
    kickingitup Posts: 38 Member
    Wow!!! Congrats on your success
  • idmalone
    idmalone Posts: 66 Member
    You look fantastic, happy anniversary. Thanks for the inspiration, :)
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Congratulations on shrinking by 80# AND on successfully staying with the program for an entire year. Both are significant accomplishments!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Inspirational! - I would be really interested to see the one year progress graph of your weight loss. It would be very useful to see how your rate of loss changes across that period.
    Well done again - you look fabulous in your after pictures.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    wow you did great. I am 5'4 and was happy to go from 208 to 159.
  • Yukon_Jack
    Yukon_Jack Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2020
    Great job, sticking to a plan, especially over 12 months, is a major accomplishment. I noticed you said you were "suspicious" of the Fibit added "earned" calories. Do you think they are good or bad to count towards my calorie limit each day? I have my calorie limit set to 1,960 but I also count my "earned calories" from my Fitbit towards that limit.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Amazing! Well done
  • tronjo2002
    tronjo2002 Posts: 43 Member
    You Rock!
  • carro585
    carro585 Posts: 40 Member
    You look amazing! I'm so impressed that you went a whole year with no cheat days. I'm your same age and height and have 130 as my goal, so your success is extra motivational!
  • tradercourt1
    tradercourt1 Posts: 19 Member
    Such a good reminder of how important it is to be patient and determined. Congratulations!
  • hunnahs26
    hunnahs26 Posts: 288 Member
    👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  • selawson729
    selawson729 Posts: 34 Member
    Yukon_Jack wrote: »
    Great job, sticking to a plan, especially over 12 months, is a major accomplishment. I noticed you said you were "suspicious" of the Fibit added "earned" calories. Do you think they are good or bad to count towards my calorie limit each day? I have my calorie limit set to 1,960 but I also count my "earned calories" from my Fitbit towards that limit.

I thought it added more than i actually "earned"
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    I gained 80 lbs over the 10 years after college. It happened so slowly that I never even saw that I had changed so much, but now I see it. Honestly i avoided having my body seen by a camera for a few years so I don't have many comparison photos to "showcase" my progress.
    I started MFP 365 days ago, 36 years old, 5'4 and 212 lbs. I told nobody that I was going to attempt to lose weight. I think I expected to fail or I was embarrassed. I stayed consistent and accountable for the entire year, tracked every calorie of food and drink, wore my fitbit daily (although my diet was #1 priority honestly, exercise is something I'm getting more into lately)...and 1 year later, I weigh 132. Down 80 lbs. Didn't expect this. Don't give up, have patience, this works! 😀idjnsamdcnaf.jpeg
    pulmojgi3wsi.jpeg

That is quite a transformation! You should be so proud! Bravo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!