Eastern European Healthy for recipes

change4life20
change4life20 Posts: 7 Member
Hi All, I'm having a little get together with my new neighbours, (i'm black British women) i'm cooking a few Caribbean dishes,but would love to cook and provide foods, wines, beers etc from there country's...

Do you have any idea's... i need recipes from Albania, Budapest, Romanian, Bulgaria and Ukraine

thanks in advice

I'm a new member on MFP with no friends, so feel free to add me.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    How about vareniki (Ukraine) with some schmaltz? It's kinda like pierogi. Both are 😋

Recipe: https://smittenkitchen.com/2019/05/potato-vareniki/
  • paxot69915
    paxot69915 Posts: 14 Member
    Is google still not working???
  • change4life20
    paxot69915 wrote: »
    Is google still not working???[/quote

wow your funny why don't your check
  • change4life20
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    How about vareniki (Ukraine) with some schmaltz? It's kinda like pierogi. Both are 😋

Recipe: https://smittenkitchen.com/2019/05/potato-vareniki/

Thank you MaltedTea, they look amazing...sounds like hard work...but i will give the ago.

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    They will want to experience your (exotic and interesting to them) food. Then when they invite you in turn, they will be proud to show off the foods they cook best. Just make sure you have some options without too much heat.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2020
    They will want to experience your (exotic and interesting to them) food. Then when they invite you in turn, they will be proud to show off the foods they cook best. Just make sure you have some options without too much heat.
    This, and can confirm that you should turn down the heat (except maybe for hungarians).

But, for romanian, you can't go wrong with salata de vinete, and it's not too hard to make.
  • change4life20

Thanks for your advice
  • change4life20
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    This, and can confirm that you should turn down the heat (except maybe for hungarians).

But, for romanian, you can't go wrong with salata de vinete, and it's not too hard to make.

Thanks for your advice, the recipe looks tasty, i will give it a go.