Can't shake this last 6kgs!! Any tips?

Options
My starting weight was 82kg (180lb) and I was so stoked to get rid of that first 10kg (22lb) in 10 weeks. That was two years ago and I am currently 74kg so I'm stoked that i've managed to keep most of it off.

My goal weight is 68kg (149lb) and I've been busting my gut at the gym and eating really well but the last few kgs are just not coming off!

Any tips?

BEFORE: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/insloth/fat82.png
AFTER: http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/insloth/skinny724.png

Replies

• BodyFreak
    Options
    What's your diet like and your workouts?
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i work out every weekday morning for about 45 minutes and mix it up a bit. sometimes i just do cardio. sometimes strength only. or both in one session.
    warm up - weights (arms, legs, back) - cardio (either running or HIIT) - abs then stretch.
    on the weekends, i do 2 hours of Krav Maga.

for food, i have protein at every meal.
    yoghurt with fruit or a protein shake for breakfast
    lunch is either sushi or protein with vegetable in a wholegrain wrap
    dinner is roast chicken or steak with roasted vegetables (i usually stay away from root vegetables like potatoes)

snacks are usually yoghurt or tuna or tofu or something.

i'm eating about 1400-1500 calories a day.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Rest!!! It works miracles.

You have been working really hard, give your body a few days to recover.
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    That's not bad at all just make sure your getting your protein in everyday 1g per body weight (I prefer 2g lb/body weight) and that your cardio is around 45 min at a moderate pace (65% of your max heart rate)
  • juganaut
    Options
    can i still rest and go to the gym? is walking resting?

i have definitely increased my protein intake but it's tought to eat 158g of protein a day. i think i get to around 90g in a day.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    yeah you can walk but dont do intensive work out, rest for a month but still maintain eating healthy. i remember once a trainer told me that if the weight dont come off, what you need is rest because your body have got so used to the workout that it will stay there for quiet some time. so relax for 2 or a month without working out and go back to the gym. Trust me you wont gain the whole weight back, the healthier way you did your diet the longer it will take you to put the weight back in. but yeah hope i helped.
  • BodyFreak
    Options
    ^ I would never lose my habit and stop going to the gym. If you hit a plateau either try something in your workout including different techniques. For cardio you wanna use different machines and different tatics like 3.0 incline of 10+ on the treadmill, stair master and HIIT training, Once you start getting more protein in your diet your diffently see the pounds coming off. I suggest you get some whey protein powder.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    can i still rest and go to the gym? is walking resting?

i have definitely increased my protein intake but it's tought to eat 158g of protein a day. i think i get to around 90g in a day.

Absolutely. Think 'active rest'. Walking, hiking, basket ball.. what ever you enjoy.

Edit- I take one week, every four to six weeks, to de-load. I still excersize, but mildly. Light weights, short routines, lots of walking. And really really careful (well, as best as I can) diet.
  • juganaut
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!

I've taken my training down a notch to walking with only 10mins of HIIT in the mornings. and i'm still going to my krav class.

no more weights until my body recovers and i'm still watching my calorie intake.

Cheers!
  • emma1488
    Options
    You could try:
    The zig-zag method.
    Lift more weights.
    Measure your body fat percentage rather than using the scales to give a more accurate indication.