Expected Weight Not Updating

Options
Hi all,

I was wondering if any has experienced the following problem and if there is a solution..

I started my journey at 12 stone 10 and have since updated my weight loss every week. 8 weeks later I am now 11 stone 11. However, when I complete my daily diary it still gives my expected Weight in 5 weeks to be 12 stone 8 (or there abouts!).

Clearly it's still calculating based on my starting weight and not my current weight.

Is there a solution to this/ something I have done wrong? Would love it to be based on my current weight as a much needed added motivation for the third month in!

Thank you :)

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was wondering if any has experienced the following problem and if there is a solution..

I started my journey at 12 stone 10 and have since updated my weight loss every week. 8 weeks later I am now 11 stone 11. However, when I complete my daily diary it still gives my expected Weight in 5 weeks to be 12 stone 8 (or there abouts!).

Clearly it's still calculating based on my starting weight and not my current weight.

Is there a solution to this/ something I have done wrong? Would love it to be based on my current weight as a much needed added motivation for the third month in!

The solution is to ignore that prediction completely. It is beyond worthless. It should have been deleted right after it was written.

When you get a good handle on your logging and you maintain fairly consistent habits you will develop a somewhat reliable downward trend.

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    The solution is to ignore that prediction completely. It is beyond worthless. It should have been deleted right after it was written.

When you get a good handle on your logging and you maintain fairly consistent habits you will develop a somewhat reliable downward trend.

I’m going to disagree with you. I like it. Of course I don’t treat it like a prophecy, it’s an indication of whether my current day is taking me in the direction I want to go. So for me it’s not worthless at all.

Perhaps what you mean is it’s worthless to you. But that’s not what the OP asked.

@Cathryn2310 I haven’t had that issue but maybe write to the tech support people. As long as you are eating under your maintenance calories it obviously should be predicting lower than where you currently are. The site has a lot of bugs. Maybe you just found another one.

• RockingWithLJ
    RockingWithLJ Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. How i understand that prediction: when you complete a diary and it states that if everyday was like today you would weigh this in 5 weeks, that is based off the current weight that you have logged and your calorie consumption for that day if that calorie consumption is the same for 5 weeks.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

I’m going to disagree with you. I like it. Of course I don’t treat it like a prophecy, it’s an indication of whether my current day is taking me in the direction I want to go. So for me it’s not worthless at all.

Perhaps what you mean is it’s worthless to you. But that’s not what the OP asked.

@Cathryn2310 I haven’t had that issue but maybe write to the tech support people. As long as you are eating under your maintenance calories it obviously should be predicting lower than where you currently are. The site has a lot of bugs. Maybe you just found another one.

If you are near your calorie goal and you have logged accurately the day is taking you in the direction you want to go. The prediction will seldom ever be accurate except accidentally.
  • Cathryn2310
    Cathryn2310 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

I definitely wouldn't be taking it as gospel so to speak, it would just be nice to see a lower number than what I was starting off with! It's probably a technical bug as has been suggested and it's not something that overly bothers me anyway as I've lost a lot more than what it would have been predicting anyway.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck on your own journeys ♥️