Needing some help/motivation/kick up the rear

Options
Hi Guys,

Just needed to vent some frustration and upset and this is about the only place I can do it without looking like a tool.

I weighed myself last night, and I had pretty much put on a pound since last week . Now story to this is I have been losing and gaining this pound back for the last four months...nothing else has moved. Now I have revaluated my eating, and yes, while I can say I've had a takeaway here and there, due to work commitments it's not always easy to cook (that and I cant and rely on my other half's cooking skills) But again, I have been roughly the same weight, for the last four months.

It is getting me down to the point where I just want to cry and throw the scales at the wall. Today I am hurting as I done Spin on Sunday for 45 minutes, I done Body Combat on Monday for 1 hour, I done a half an hour induction yesterday which was all legs and abs, and tonight I have Body Attack and Step, which will work out for 1 and a half hours and then tomorrow I'll probably be at the Gym doing more legs and abs. So...what am I doing wrong? Do we think I'm eating too much? I think I need to get smaller plates possibly as I might be eating the same portion as my oh

Replies

• luv2runsgf
    Options
    Believe me I know how frustrating this is! Have you been tracking your food accurately? I often do the same thing (the same 4 lbs in my case) goes on and off) but it is always food for me. Typically a bit more sugar than I should (blasted ice cream!!) or too many restaurant meals. You might try tracking your food very carefully for a week or two and see if it makes a difference.
    Congratulations on keeping the workouts up.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    it sounds like your on a plateu, or however u spell it
    when my MFP friends have been on these before i have seen that the best way to move off a plateu and keep losing weight is to zig-zag you calories.
    Basically day 1 u eat about 200 calories more than u should. day 2 u eat your normal goal, day 3 u eat like 200 calories below ur goal. then u repeat with day 1 again. So every day 1 ur metabolism gets a boost, and every day 3 u eat a little less to compensate for day 1's excess calories!
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, that's been my story for a couple of months as well... I have to remember that if I'm doing everything that it takes then I'm ok. It may just take me letting go of the control and letting my body adjust as it needs to for a while... Hard but keep on keeping on. It DOES work!
  • movemebotty
    Options
    Hi, do you do your body measurements too? sometimes you can see a difference in these rather than weight, or try changing the types of foods eaten as it can shock your body into getting a move on, good luck :)
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    Do you have a tape measure? I lost 8 cm from each thigh (I only measure one but I'm guessing they're even) 6cm from my waist and 6 cm from my hips and 1lb in weight. If it wasn't for the numbers going down on the spreadsheet and motivation from this site I'd be face down in a vat of Ben and Jerry's by now.

Also have you tried cooking a big pan and freezing? I make 10 portions of chilli, pasta sauce, soup etc in one go. If you have chilli in the freezer you just need to do the rice when you get home. the recipe calculator on this site is amazing.
  • DulceDollie
    Options
    I've been experiencing the same thing. For 2 months I was losing and gaining the same 3 or so lbs. And I was doing everything right, as far as I could tell. I let the frustration get to me, and here I am- haven't worked out in about 2 weeks, and am not logging everything I eat. It feels horrible. I keep telling myself "I'll get back on tomorrow" and find myself in the same boat I've been in for years. I need a kick up the rear myself. So my advice to you would be to not turn into me! And keep going, keep going! I'm actually surprised at how hard it is to get back on track. My new strategy for myself has been to not eat any of my exercise calories back. But that apparently is not working yet because I haven't given myself a chance to put it into action. I know a lot of people would disagree with the "don't eat your exercise calories" method, but I need to try something new. Best of luck to you, we can do it! Just KEEP GOING and never stop doing your best. You'll find your niche, whether it's different exercises, eating less of a certain food, eating less period, or exercising more. Just don't stop! :)
  • traceytoo
    Options
    Just a thought and Im no expert, but your diet seems quite high in carbs and also takeaways in one form or another, which probably means high in salt, which ultimately means you are retaining water, try and eat clean as best you can for a week or so, and drink loads of water, if you can really lower the salt ie no crips, chips, pizzas, take aways etc etc you'll lower your salt intake which means you will stop retaining water - you might see the weight come off again .... try and cut out the bread/pizzas and lower the cards, I can diet till kingdom come but if my diet is high in carbs the weight will stay on ... good luck, just keep hanging in there, you'll find your groove and what's working and what is not, it's just trial and error finding what's maknig you stick and there is something there ...
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Where's all the fresh fruit and veg? You seem to be eating a lot of processed food. A single day has about 8 entries as everything has a brand.

I would recommend cooking some fresh food. It doesn't have to be complicated – a stir fry is ideal as it's quick, doesn't take a lot of skill. You can use chicken breast and loads of veggies. Add a bit of rice maybe or a few cashews or peanuts on top.

Also, you don't track your sugar. It looks like you shoudl as there's a lot of sugary food in your diary. Perhaps if you cut that down it would help.

Good luck :o)