Need to keep going!!! HELP!!!

Options
Hey lovely mfp peeps, I have been doing this plan for 115 days now (as MFP kindly told me today haha), and to date have lost 9lbs. I actually, to be honest do not think that this is a great loss, as before starting MFP, I had broken my foot and was totally sedentary, so going from that to eating very healthy, doing a lot more exercise, and having a job that I definately dont spend a lot of time sat down, I expected a LOT more!! I have a lot to lose, 3 and 1/2 stone to even get in the "normal" range, so cant really understand why Im not losing at LEAST 1lb per week. Just saying lol. if anyone can have a look at my diary and give me any advice that would be fab, cos Im really at a loss, as is everyone around me, as I dont really snack, dont have a lot of "junk" except on a weekend, and I absolutely do not believe that you cant have a treat to lose weight, Im staying within my cals???

But, on a good note, I WILL carry on, because I feel less bloated, Im making good choices when eating out (mostly lol), stop eating when Im full and as my lovely friend tiold me today, even if I carry on slooooowly losing as I am, in 1 years time (which hopefully goes soooo fast) I will hopefully be 2 STONE lighter, never really thought of it like that. Oh and also LOVE my MFP friends and their constant advice and support!!

So ANY advice would be mucho appreciated luvly peeps, need to get out of this blumming plateau!! xx

Eills xx

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Throw your @#$% scale out the window and buy a measuring tape.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I'm really sorry that's happening. Are you drinking enough water? If I don't drink enough water I see the weight creeping back on.. that's the one thing I know I have to keep on top of. Like last week I put on 4 lbs doing the same exercise routine. Look at your diary when you were spending weeks not losing. It means you were just maintaining your weight, which isn't a bad thing. Don't look at it as a bad thing that you've only lost the 9lbs because you COULD have put that on instead, ya know? Perhaps you are staying in your calorie goal, but you might be over in fat or sodium. Going over in fat often is also counter productive. The only thing that keeps me going is long runs and weight training. Maybe sign up for a class like kickboxing in your local gym?

Try something new!
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    I would suggest you add more FIber to your diet. But fiber from veggies vs fiber from bread. Beans,chickpeas,cabbage,broccoli. Like what I like to do is see how much I am getting on my food tabs. Maybe it will work for you? maybe not only a suggestion.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Glancing at your diary, my suggestions would be to make certain you're drinking water and watch how much you get pre-made food, as I don't think some of your foods are actually showing all their sodium, etc and it may be hindering you.
  • eills44
    Options
    Ugh. I'm really sorry that's happening. Are you drinking enough water? If I don't drink enough water I see the weight creeping back on.. that's the one thing I know I have to keep on top of. Like last week I put on 4 lbs doing the same exercise routine. Look at your diary when you were spending weeks not losing. It means you were just maintaining your weight, which isn't a bad thing. Don't look at it as a bad thing that you've only lost the 9lbs because you COULD have put that on instead, ya know? Perhaps you are staying in your calorie goal, but you might be over in fat or sodium. Going over in fat often is also counter productive. The only thing that keeps me going is long runs and weight training. Maybe sign up for a class like kickboxing in your local gym?

Try something new!

Yes, most days I am drinking enough water hun, I know its not a bad thing maintaining but tbf I just think I should be at least losing 0.5lb hun xx My foot is still not healed properly but I am def thinking bout doing something a bit more low impact xx Thanks hun x
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, I know just how hard you are working at this and you're consistently good at making your calorie goal. I like the point made above about getting the measuring tape out and throwing the scales out of the window, it certainly helped me on when the scales didn't budge! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • eills44
    Options
    Throw your @#$% scale out the window and buy a measuring tape.

Do you know hun, iv never measured myself, but can feel in my clothes that I havent lost that much, I will get a tape measure and check this out xx Thanks xx
  • eills44
    Options
    Glancing at your diary, my suggestions would be to make certain you're drinking water and watch how much you get pre-made food, as I don't think some of your foods are actually showing all their sodium, etc and it may be hindering you.

Until recently, I honestly was eating quite clean, and still didnt lose xx But I will try and sort that and drink more water hun thanks x
  • eills44
    Options
    I would suggest you add more FIber to your diet. But fiber from veggies vs fiber from bread. Beans,chickpeas,cabbage,broccoli. Like what I like to do is see how much I am getting on my food tabs. Maybe it will work for you? maybe not only a suggestion.

I will try this out hun thanks, have been limiting my carbs until recently, so will try again xx
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    -Protein should at least be 60-80 grams a day
    -Like others said, watch the sodium... it hinders weightloss
    -Like others said... water water water... i have increased mine to 12 cups a day and have noticed 1/2 pound to 1.4 pounds a day loss.... mind u I have 100 more pounds to lose.
    -I do at the least 45 minutes of cardio a day (get a sweat on). I also keep active and get at least 15000 steps in a day if not more.
    -like you I keep no more than 1200 cal a day... I choose wisely keeping sugar and sodium low with protein 80 + no less than 60
    -measure... sometimes you lose inches not pounds
  • eills44
    Options
    -Protein should at least be 60-80 grams a day
    -Like others said, watch the sodium... it hinders weightloss
    -Like others said... water water water... i have increased mine to 12 cups a day and have noticed 1/2 pound to 1.4 pounds a day loss.... mind u I have 100 more pounds to lose.
    -I do at the least 45 minutes of cardio a day (get a sweat on). I also keep active and get at least 15000 steps in a day if not more.
    -like you I keep no more than 1200 cal a day... I choose wisely keeping sugar and sodium low with protein 80 + no less than 60
    -measure... sometimes you lose inches not pounds

I will try and up my protein hun, for sure xx also water, will try harder, and more exercise maybe is the key, thanks huni xx
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Wish I had the answer for you. I've read tons of advice out there, but I truly believe we're all different and have to individually find what works for us. You could try reversing your meals - biggest for breakfast - for a few weeks Or, making sure you have protein at every meal - throw in a couple of tablespoons of nuts or some other protein source if your main meal doesn't work. You could also try splurging one day and then immediately going back to your regular MFP habits - that one works for me. Good luck. I think you do have a wonderful attitude - this isn't just about losing weight - it's also about getting healthier and feeling better.
  • eills44
    Options
    Wish I had the answer for you. I've read tons of advice out there, but I truly believe we're all different and have to individually find what works for us. You could try reversing your meals - biggest for breakfast - for a few weeks Or, making sure you have protein at every meal - throw in a couple of tablespoons of nuts or some other protein source if your main meal doesn't work. You could also try splurging one day and then immediately going back to your regular MFP habits - that one works for me. Good luck. I think you do have a wonderful attitude - this isn't just about losing weight - it's also about getting healthier and feeling better.

I keep getting the advice to up my protein, def gunna do that x Dont think I can up my brekkie, I have to force it down at 7am anyway ewww!!! lol xx Nuts I think need to introduced to my menu, and I DEF splurge once aa week lol xx Thanks for that hun, I am in the right mindset, just need a little advice from you lovely people xx
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're doing great hun. It is dis-heartening when you don't see the number going down every week but it'll happen!!! I'm just as bad with the water though - we need to kick each other up the a**e for that!! Keep smiling. xxx