Anyone trying Pegan diet?

Options
glp2323
glp2323 Posts: 13 Member
Lots of veggies, grass-fed meat, poultry, seafood. No dairy, and low carbs.
Wondering if anyone has had success with the diet?

I got a lot of weight to lose!

Been dieting about a month now.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    Is the diet you're on something you can live with long term?

Weight loss is a long slog for most of us, so it needs to be something that doesn't feel unnecessarily restrictive and that we can modify once moving into maintenance.

Someone else's success with a certain diet is all well and good, but it's what helps you maintain a calore deficit long term that matters.
  • glp2323
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. The diet is working for me so far. I'm really motivated to make it work.

I can appreciate the distaste for the term Pegan. My brother is a very healthy and fit vegan, and this diet is actually a baby step in that direction for me. I'm eating more vegetables than ever and much smaller amounts of meat. My goal is to eventually replace meat with vegan alternatives. My brother has been touting the health benefits he experienced for years.
  • JeanieBeenie
    JeanieBeenie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's probably right in front of me, but I don't catch riddles very fast. What is the Pe in Pegan?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it, but I naturally like grass-fed, non-antibiotic meat and veggies. That makes up a lot of my diet. I don’t avoid dairy, but I just don’t eat a lot of it. I don’t know what constitutes low carbs, but mine are always lower than my goal macro, and as I said, I eat a lot of vegetables. It works for me because it’s what I like.
  • glp2323
    Options
    Paleo + Vegan. Dr. Mark Hyman coined the phrase. He has several books out but essentially advocates for most plant based diet with natural/organic/grass fed protein.