Sparkling water v water

Options
steph6556
steph6556 Posts: 575 Member
edited April 2022 in Food and Nutrition
So I have a major sparkling water addiction! Bubly lime is my fave and I have tried em alllllll. Some are not fizzy enough. Bubly is just right. My question is, is it okay that Bubly is my water intake? I don’t drink still water unless I HAVE to and pretty please don’t give me tips on all the creative ways to make still water better. I have read a few sites that say sparkling water is just as hydrating and that the carbonation depleting your bones is only if you drink sodas. Does anyone drink sparkling water as much as I do ( about four a day )?
Tagged:

Replies

• deeshiloh
    deeshiloh Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    As long as the only ingredients are carbonated water and natural flavour, you can count it as part of your water intake. I even sometimes will count non-caffeinated tea toward my water intake, although I also have a separate section of my MFP diary for beverages and vitamins just so I can track exactly where my fluid intake was coming from, and I personally put sparkling waters in there, but it's up to you. But yeah, it'll hydrate you the same whether it's carbonated or not.

Edited to add: Also, I think blackberry bubly is my personal favourite, although right now what I have is strawberry and it's pretty good too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Water is water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    And don't forget you can carbonate your own water. Saves lugging home heavy bottles and single use plastics. Cheaper than buying bottled water too.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    You also get water from food and it all counts toward water intake and hydration. Actual thirst is a good indicator. As AnnPT77 said, urine color indicates hydration.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Huge amounts of watermelon before bed, don’t do it. Lol