Any UK 30-somethings who are overweight/ obese

Options
spyro88
spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
edited August 2020 in Motivation and Support
Hi, looking for friends in their 30's who would like to share diaries.

My BMI is 34 and I need to lose about 4 stone to get to healthy weight :(

Add me if you're in a similar situation and would like to help each other!

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m no longer in the UK (lived in Edinburgh for 6 years before returning to my native country) but I’m also (soon) no longer obese! I noticed that you didn’t have any responses so I wanted to drop you a line of encouragement even though I’m not a diary friend 😊

In 2012-2013 I went from 140kg to 88kg over 18 months using MFP. Major life changes happened and I’ve slowly gained back but restarted my health journey last July. I’m now down from 135kg to 95kg in about 13 months, that means my BMI has moved from almost 44 (!) to 30.7 and I’m on track to move into the Overweight section this month.

I still have another 17kg to reach a healthy weight. I know that it can feel daunting to start, especially when you look at the amount you have to lose to reach your ultimate goal weight.

Remember that even a 5% loss is a huge win. Set up mini goals for yourself and celebrate every scale and non-scale victory that come your way. You can do this!
  • Lashes1986
    Lashes1986 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey, I sent you a friends request. I’m from the UK and currently overweight. I’ve lost some already and my BMI is now 28 but I still need to loose a couple stone.

My diary is also open so you can see what I eat although this week I’ve not been feeling the best so I’ve not even been reaching my minimum calories.

Wishing you all the luck xxx
  • BexDun
    BexDun Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I lost around 35kg overall a couple of years ago but I've regained almost 15kg since late last year and want to re-lose it! I've been suffering a bit recently as my thryroid levels are off (making me underactive) and I've also got post-tib tendonitis with a tear meaning I haven't been active at all.

I'm on day 2 of calorie control and macros.

I'm not too sure what my BMI is... I never use it, especially being a rugby playing power lifter!