Lets try again

Options
:smile: Today, Iam starting again-cant hide away from this any longer I can use the age thing,the busy working Mum thing,but there are many others around who arent in the mess I'm in. I know alot is down genes-but my 73 year old mum is slimmer than me-so that excuse has gone now!! I think the turning point is when my rather portly husband became slimmer than me. Wish me luck, any messages of support would be appreciated

Replies

• elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm sure you can do it :)
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    You CAN do this!!!

Best of luck to you!!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You are taking a step in the right direction. You can do this. This is a great site with alot of people that will give you encouragement.:smile:
  • fatcitizen
    fatcitizen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It's not easy but MFP sure is a big help...don't be down on yourself, just take one day (or break the day up into segments ...morning, afternoon, evening) and be good to yourself for just that long.....sometimes it feels overwhelming, but it can be done...
  • I know how it feels. No more talking about it, just do it. Make the change.
  • martina123321
    Options
    It's not easy but MFP sure is a big help...don't be down on yourself, just take one day (or break the day up into segments ...morning, afternoon, evening) and be good to yourself for just that long.....sometimes it feels overwhelming, but it can be done...

totally agree

Good luck hun xxx
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You are here, which is an important first step. I haven't been here long but have really found this site to be effective in my journey for various reasons. I suggest making check-ins here routine; not just daily - check in every time you have something to log. While you're here - catch some blogs, etc. I like it here and am happy to have made some friends. All the best to you in your journey - chin up - you can do this - you are worth it! :flowerforyou:
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    :smile: Today, Iam starting again-cant hide away from this any longer I can use the age thing,the busy working Mum thing,but there are many others around who arent in the mess I'm in. I know alot is down genes-but my 73 year old mum is slimmer than me-so that excuse has gone now!! I think the turning point is when my rather portly husband became slimmer than me. Wish me luck, any messages of support would be appreciated
    Best of luck, you can do it!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    (Duplicate posting courtesy of Firefox 6.0.2, now with 50% more bugs than before...)
  • katfaulkner
    katfaulkner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you can do this you just have to say to yourself this is for me and not for anyone but me. I am also a busy mom and i have to make sure i take care of myself or i want be here to take care of them that depend on me.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    You can do this. My advice do it slowly. Don't worry about what weight losses you see others get on here. We are all different. It has taken me 18mths to lose 26kgs. Still have 20 to 30 to go. My most success has come from since being on here and making friends, joining challenges. Learning from each other. I chose not only to be slimmer but healthier. no quick fix. Counting calories and make each calorie count. Put only good fuel into your body to make the most of your effort. I like the way I feel now and I wish for you this same feeling. you can do this. Friend me if you want.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I see a few others saying it's not easy. I disagree. If you educate yourself about exercise, food, and flavors, it's very easy to do. I believe finding flavorful, healthy food is the key to success, along with exercise and drinking plenty of water.
    I find the foods that I'm eating now to be more flavorful and much more healthy than how I used to eat. Just as easy to prepare as well.

Go into it with the right attitude and don't expect huge changes overnight. It does take time. Just as it takes time to put weight on.
  • julbar15
    Options
    Thank you everyone-this is overwhelming.
    Better than a slimming club as you can chat with others rather than get weighed and dart off (weightwatchers for example)
    My biggest challenges are doing normal things like going out with the girls.We all go to Wetherspoons on a Thursday night,all but one of us are shall we say voluptuous,and as soon as one of us say we are trying to lose weight, the others say "a pudding tonight wont hurt"-but I know thats a downhill slope
    Thanks again everone I dont feel so alone now:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone-this is overwhelming.
    Better than a slimming club as you can chat with others rather than get weighed and dart off (weightwatchers for example)
    My biggest challenges are doing normal things like going out with the girls.We all go to Wetherspoons on a Thursday night,all but one of us are shall we say voluptuous,and as soon as one of us say we are trying to lose weight, the others say "a pudding tonight wont hurt"-but I know thats a downhill slope
    Thanks again everone I dont feel so alone now:

This is the hardest. I was avoiding going out. Still am finding it a little difficult as our thinking is to treat ourselves when eating out. But now and I admit (not 100% of the time) but I do try to order healthier choices. Slowly changing my mind set that it is not treatinng my body to put useless calories into it. I think to myself do I really need to have the refined flour, sugar laden, topped with fat pudding, what goodness will it give me. And really am I still hungry. It is tough when friends try to force your decision.
    Lead by example even skinny people can learn from us.
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    You're already on the way to a healthier, happier, more content, you!! One day at time leads to success. This is the only way I can achieve my goal, is day by day. If I try to look too far ahead, it'll never work...but we all know how weeks can fly by. Just think where you can be in several weeks!! Woohoo!! :-)
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    There is a great support network here...welcome! You can totally do this! :happy:
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You have taken a great step forward
    We CAN and WILL do this
  • queennahs
    queennahs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again too... and I know just how you feel. While some have come a long way and thus say "it's not that hard", others are at the beginning, or back at the beginning, and have to work through all of the emotions and challenges that come with being more disciplined with yourself.

Oh, and here you go, I'll be a friend (albeit virtually). Imagine I'm sitting at the restaurant table when you mention you've made the decision to look after yourself. I give you a smile and say, "More power to you! I'm not having the pudding either. Want to get out of here and get together for an early morning walk tomorrow?" ;)